March 28, 2024, 06:02:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: knob values jumping  (Read 23871 times)

kurto90

Re: knob values jumping
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2020, 03:05:05 am »
Hi, new on the forum, I was also searching for a solution. What (almost) worked for me was to spin the faulty knobs in a clockwise direction for quite some time with a gentle but fast rotation. Now there's almost no jump, but I lost some of the smoothness. Better than nothing.

gphantom

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2020, 04:17:04 pm »
Sounds like the pots are wire-wound types which, if they are cheap, could cause those problems.  I think it's an interesting idea to turn the knobs often in order to wear the wires evenly.  I think that gentle is the way to go without any sudden change in acceleration in order to keep things smooth.

vagnretur

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2021, 07:15:05 pm »
This made it much better for me! Not perfect but almost. Thanks

Hi all!

How are you? Are you all going well with the encoders from the firmware update? For me, there are problems again, rotation doesn't jump anymore, but when i turn a knob, the sound sort of "glitches", just like if it goes momentary to the highest value.
I mean, it sounds like it does "10-1000-12-1000-15-1000-18-1000-20-1000" and so on, for every encoder and slide... is it only a mine problem?

Thank you for the kind reply

Francesco

Hi! try to use the 1.1.5 version of the firmware: http://downloads.arturia.net/products/keylab-essential-49/firmware/keylabessential_Firmware_Update_1_1_5_886.led

I had the same problem and managed to fixed with a downgrade of the firmware.

rtournem

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2021, 09:49:28 am »
Hi, new on the forum, I was also searching for a solution. What (almost) worked for me was to spin the faulty knobs in a clockwise direction for quite some time with a gentle but fast rotation. Now there's almost no jump, but I lost some of the smoothness. Better than nothing.

I confirm that this works pretty well! I wonder if any lubricant could also help to reduce what I think is the effect of oxidization.

RalphNT

• Apprentice
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2021, 05:20:48 pm »
I found out that by changing the DAW fader mode to "Jump" in the Device Settings in Midi Control Centre fixed the problem straight away on my '61.

vagnretur

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2021, 08:02:41 pm »
Talked to the helpdesk & their analysis is that it is indeed a hardware issue which will be fixed with the warranty.

However, mine has (of course) run out a few months ago.

So, today I removed the knob, poured isopropyl alcohol into the potentiometer & turned it around a couple of times. Then I let it dry for 2 hours (it usually vaporises within a couple of minutes but I wanted to be sure). It works great now!
The downside to this is that the knob no longer has the same "smooth force" as the others, i.e it is more loose. However, that is ok for me. I live in Sweden & got it here: https://www.kjell.com/se/produkter/kontor/kemi-spray-lim/spray-olja-isopropanol/luxorparts-ipaclean-isopropanol-1000-ml-p18356

pc131

• Apprentice
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2021, 03:24:08 pm »
I did the same! I used Isopropylic Alcohol (IPA) and it has NO MORE jumps. It is turning now with less resistance and smoothness, but works in linear fashion as other knobs ---> manual, how to do it https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=108398.0

pc131

• Apprentice
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2021, 03:33:09 pm »
Jumping values for encoders/knobs was in my case solved by using Isopropyl Alcohol ----> check here https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=108398.0

mikkeltoime

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2022, 10:16:45 pm »
The slow clockwise rotations also worked quite well for me! Thanks a lot!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines