March 29, 2024, 04:07:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: knob values jumping  (Read 23876 times)

moonpotato

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
knob values jumping
« on: August 26, 2017, 01:22:03 am »
Hi,

I've been using the essential 49 controller for a week or so, and love it so far, except one small issue that I'm having, im recording slow gradual sweeps and fades using the rotary encoders, and notice that as i gradually increase the value, it sometimes jumps up 20 or 30 steps in value- it's a little stuttery and steppy in general, ie as you turn the knob slowly, it doesn't move from 1-10 smoothly, it will jump from 1-4, then back down to 2 and then smoothly move up to 8, then jump to 12 etc, as these jumps aren't that big, they aren't really audible, but when you are modulating say the filter cutoff and the value jumps from 50-74 for example, it can be quite jarring.
i've noticed this issue on all the knobs in my unit, though when coming back down, its a lot less steppy, values seem to move fairly smoothly and consistantly, it's raising values that seems to be the issue.

I'm on firmware version 1.1.2.61

thanks
andrew

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
Re: knob values jumping
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 09:31:21 am »
Hi moonpotato,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Keylab Essential.
Can you tell me a bit more on your setup ? Which OS are you running and which DAW are you suing ?
Also, did you change the knob acceleration on the Midi Control Center or is your Keylab Essential is still on the factory configuration ?

Regards,

Matthieu
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 11:27:18 am by Matt Arturia »

moonpotato

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 07:06:25 am »
Hi

thanks for responding,
im on mac, using ableton and reaper,
keylab is still in factory configuration, i haven't adjusted the acceleration settings, but this sounds like it
has potential to solve the issue

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 10:10:09 am »
Hi,

I managed somehow to reproduce the issue. If I turn the encoder very very slowly (like one tick at a time) I do have some jumps every now and then. We are currently working on a fix that may attenuate this behavior. There is no date yet but if you want to test this new firmware when it'll be in beta let me know.

Regards,

Matthieu

Ton

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 12:31:54 pm »
Hi Matthieu and Moonpotato,

I'm having the same problem with the jumping of knob values. Did you find a solution for this problem or is it a hardware thing and do I need to return my Keylab for reparation?

Regards,

Ton

ambientecho

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 04:11:06 pm »
Same issue here!

Ton

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 08:29:47 pm »
Is it possible to get a reply from someone at Arturia otherwise I'll have to send back my Keylab Essential 49 to Arturia. Thanks.

gphantom

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2018, 02:00:24 am »
Matt Arturia DID give you a reply.  They said they were working on it.

A better way to get results would be to go to support and create a ticket by going to:  SUPPORT  then click on ASK FOR HELP  then click on TECHNICAL SUPPORT
from there you sign in with your account and tell them what the problems are.

Ton

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2018, 01:51:38 pm »
Thanks, I created a support ticket.

Nglt

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2018, 01:53:40 pm »
I'm having the same problem! A brand new Arturia Keylab 61 Essential known "jumping" problem... It was bought in a very well known shop here in Buenos Aires (PC MIDI Center)... It's a pity! It seems like a lack of quality controls or something?

Hi,

I've been using the essential 49 controller for a week or so, and love it so far, except one small issue that I'm having, im recording slow gradual sweeps and fades using the rotary encoders, and notice that as i gradually increase the value, it sometimes jumps up 20 or 30 steps in value- it's a little stuttery and steppy in general, ie as you turn the knob slowly, it doesn't move from 1-10 smoothly, it will jump from 1-4, then back down to 2 and then smoothly move up to 8, then jump to 12 etc, as these jumps aren't that big, they aren't really audible, but when you are modulating say the filter cutoff and the value jumps from 50-74 for example, it can be quite jarring.
i've noticed this issue on all the knobs in my unit, though when coming back down, its a lot less steppy, values seem to move fairly smoothly and consistantly, it's raising values that seems to be the issue.

I'm on firmware version 1.1.2.61

thanks
andrew

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2018, 10:42:03 am »
Hi,

Sorry for this huge delay...

Here is a firmware with a potential fix. Can you please update your KeyLab Essential (using the MIDI Control Center) with it and see if it solves the issue ?
Be aware that this is a non-official beta release for now, use it at your own risks :)

I advise you to perform a factory reset after updating your unit.

Link : https://owncloud.arturia.net/s/mn7tTYGp8Y2kFfT

Regards,

Matthieu

Parapharma

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2018, 02:19:27 pm »
I just bought a keylab 49 and a beatstep pro, and Im facing this issue and more....

KeyLab 49 works especially bad on FL studio, has no dedicated controllers, most of functions do not work even if linked manually, knobs instead of acting as fader's JUMP hugely in value like they are on off buttons....chord mode doesnt work, preset selector doesnt work and cannot be overwritten or linked and this i Mean the -> key or <- .

as for thebeatstep... again issues.... pads are super stiff and they dont seem to respond well, need a lot of force, knobs when linked via generic link, instead of acting like a smooth fader, they also jump, for example in a vst cut off parameter, if u assign to a knob, it jumpps from 0 to 50 %
guys we need help with this products even my korg nano kontrol does a better job as a generic controller......., dont limit yourself's to Ableton  where things work more or less fine, there's more daw's for u to support, if you don't there's no point in buying your products, which I was super exited to receive but now, im only regreting :( if i find no solution in 48 hours ill have to go thru the pain of sending it back.... and it should not be like this :(
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 02:40:37 pm by Parapharma »

Denitus

• Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2018, 04:03:57 pm »
Hi,

Sorry for this huge delay...

Here is a firmware with a potential fix. Can you please update your KeyLab Essential (using the MIDI Control Center) with it and see if it solves the issue ?
Be aware that this is a non-official beta release for now, use it at your own risks :)

I advise you to perform a factory reset after updating your unit.

Link : https://owncloud.arturia.net/s/mn7tTYGp8Y2kFfT

Regards,

Matthieu

For me the problem is still present after the firmware upgrade.

Nglt

• Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2018, 04:48:23 pm »
Me too, I'm so disappointed with Arturia... This problem affects everyone. The knobs made my synth virtually useless to me since I depend on this for my music. It jumps and there's no smooth transition, from day one I have this problem, and I have updated the firmware.I have an Arturia KeyLab 61 Essential. I will upload a video to YouTube to show the problem.

I

Nglt

• Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2018, 10:52:23 pm »
Something that "helps" (not solve): don't use acceleration in the knobs, configure that. While this serious issue persists. Knobs are almost useless.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines