April 19, 2024, 04:41:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: knob values jumping  (Read 24003 times)

Nglt

• Apprentice
Re: knob values jumping
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2018, 03:51:13 pm »
Something that "helps" (not solve): don't use acceleration in the knobs, configure that. While this serious issue persists. Knobs are almost useless.

Anyway, I'm considering not buying any new Arturia product because of this serious issue and lack of resolution. I've tried everything here.

Nglt

• Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2018, 10:07:22 pm »
Still no firmware update? This makes my keyboard useless... for electronic live music!

dreadBitz

• Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2019, 03:58:01 am »
I have the same problem, using FL studio 11. I see the latest firmware is dated 2017. Are there no plans to address the issue and further support the Keykab 49, Arturia?

skar.thenoname

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2019, 03:34:02 am »
Yeeeep, same story here, brand new keylab essential 61 - the first four knobs are "jumpy" (sry x my eng).

inn3rs3lf

• Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2019, 03:16:36 pm »
Same issue here. Seems more pronounced in AL4 though. Tried the beta firmware update from 2018. How this isn't fixed in 2019 is beyond me.

inhumantis

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2019, 01:04:33 pm »
Facing this problem for almost half a year now. I have tried everything I could find on the internet.

Its really embarrassing for a company like Arturia to ship products with a flaw like that. People are complaining about this issue for two years now, almost to the date!
Does anybody know whether this is a software issue or worn-out hardware?

PS: Turning acceleration off doesn't help. At this point the keyboard is absolutely useless. If there is no fix soon, I'll return my device and get a Native Instruments Kontrol. Or just anything else.

maigonis

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2019, 03:01:55 pm »
I just bought KeyLab Essential 61 and I have already sent one unit back whit this issue as Arturia support suggested, but looks like they already know this issue and haven't done anything about it over a year now.

What is status update on firmware fix? Or better if I just return My unit while I can?

EDIT: After contacting Arturia support they send Me a new testing firmware that finally fixes knob value jumping. After quick test it seems to be good, it should be released soon according to support member.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 05:45:06 pm by maigonis »

ftrela

• Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2019, 11:08:14 pm »
I just bought KeyLab Essential 61 and I have already sent one unit back whit this issue as Arturia support suggested, but looks like they already know this issue and haven't done anything about it over a year now.

What is status update on firmware fix? Or better if I just return My unit while I can?

EDIT: After contacting Arturia support they send Me a new testing firmware that finally fixes knob value jumping. After quick test it seems to be good, it should be released soon according to support member.

Could you perhaps share the firmware so others can test it?

maigonis

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2019, 07:34:12 am »

Could you perhaps share the firmware so others can test it?

Its up on support page. v1.1.5.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 07:38:05 am by maigonis »

EZ

• Apprentice
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2019, 06:43:51 pm »
Is this issue limited to the Essential products?

Nglt

• Apprentice
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2019, 10:11:14 pm »
Is this issue limited to the Essential products?

I've spent on a Keylab Essential 61, and it was useless since day 1 because of this. And the beta firmawares aren't doing anything to me. I think there's no solution, I've been struggling with this since the last year (Feb I think).

FraIso

• Apprentice
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2020, 04:14:32 pm »
Hi!

Is there some update on this issue? I still have the problem (with the cutoff knob being the worst and the others except the last 2 on the right working bad but in a usefull way) and the firmware is up to date now on february 2020. I had also the resonance knob working very bad a month ago, but after a couple of days it returned to the standard working (not perfect but usefull). The counterclock rotation didn't produce any change in the software parameter, except going from 100% to 0% in a moment.

I opened a support ticked when I bought the keylab an year ago and the responce was

"As an information, the encoders on the keylab essential being not high end encoders as on other range of products which would be more expensive, some inconsistencies can be observed on slow rotations.

In this case, if you imperatively need extremely accurate encoders at very slow rotations i cannot guarantee you that there will be a definitive solution for these issues even if we'll make sure to see if a potential firmware version could help solve these in next updates.

Indeed, if you're facing such inconsistencies on normal or faster rotations there's perhaps something abnormal and if you can eventually provide us a small video this would certainly help us confirm this."

but i saw the problem was well known from they so I didn't procude any video.

hope there will be a solution!

sorry, just saw in midi control center that a firmware update was ready to be installed. it solved all! great work. next time, maybe tell us about the update :)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 08:43:50 pm by FraIso »

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2020, 03:58:43 pm »
They actually admitted in not so many words that they use cr@p encoders on the Essential line. It's not so often i'm lost for words. I guess I respect their honesty at least.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

FraIso

• Apprentice
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2020, 01:12:24 pm »
Hi all!

How are you? Are you all going well with the encoders from the firmware update? For me, there are problems again, rotation doesn't jump anymore, but when i turn a knob, the sound sort of "glitches", just like if it goes momentary to the highest value.
I mean, it sounds like it does "10-1000-12-1000-15-1000-18-1000-20-1000" and so on, for every encoder and slide... is it only a mine problem?

Thank you for the kind reply

Francesco

doriam

• Apprentice
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2020, 03:53:08 pm »
Hi all!

How are you? Are you all going well with the encoders from the firmware update? For me, there are problems again, rotation doesn't jump anymore, but when i turn a knob, the sound sort of "glitches", just like if it goes momentary to the highest value.
I mean, it sounds like it does "10-1000-12-1000-15-1000-18-1000-20-1000" and so on, for every encoder and slide... is it only a mine problem?

Thank you for the kind reply

Francesco

Hi! try to use the 1.1.5 version of the firmware: http://downloads.arturia.net/products/keylab-essential-49/firmware/keylabessential_Firmware_Update_1_1_5_886.led

I had the same problem and managed to fixed with a downgrade of the firmware.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines