April 18, 2024, 03:02:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Is the sparkle worth buying still?  (Read 2429 times)

amd7000

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Is the sparkle worth buying still?
« on: August 24, 2017, 01:04:42 pm »
For the price it seems as though its a no-brainer. But it seems as though there are still problems with the software and it wont be supported any longer. I'd like to use it with bitwig 2, will it behave ok?

jeffikovski

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Is the sparkle worth buying still?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 04:12:47 pm »
I wouldn't do it! Until there is an software update, where the bugs are adressed.

amd7000

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 05:56:55 pm »
Any opinions on the ni maschine mikro? Would it be a good substitute? I really like the Arturia software,also the controller, obviously I dont like the bugs though.

lacandon

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 12:56:56 am »
i just bought it its excellent machine i prefer it way  more then machine the sound engine its better

moonpotato

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 03:40:47 am »
i have maschine already and i bought spark le yesturday and i love it, but it is a real shame about the lack of bugfixes/updates, this could be the best drum software out there, nothing else comes close to the sound engine/modular synth, such a nice sound. it's just a shame that it isn't being updated

maschine and spark are two very different things, the drum synth in maschine isn't for me (i use more vintage sounds) spark really shines in this regard, it just sounds great.
maschine is good if you have a more sample based worflow, the two together are amazing

amd7000

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 01:27:36 pm »
Thanks for the help guys. I think im going to get spark le first and then machine later if it doesn't work as I am hoping. Come on Arturia please update spark! No updates are the only thing putting me off buying it.

Papy ion

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 04:57:10 pm »
HI!

still worth? yes!

upgrades and updates always come one day or another depending on the way we can help the develloppers.

i just bought mine last week and had several trouble to register and a few other minor bugs because of the lack of knowledge but i'm pretty shure that at Arturia they will never let a product half done. they are like all the other and want to be proud of their new baby  :)
"Si le problème a une solution, il ne sert à rien de s?inquiéter. Mais s?il n?en a pas, alors s?inquiéter ne change rien."  >quoteman

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines