March 28, 2024, 11:35:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Bug: VCA Issues.  (Read 2160 times)

LBH

Bug: VCA Issues.
« on: August 20, 2017, 11:02:59 pm »
The VCA envelopes Slope levels is set to "Zero" when the value is set to "1". Exspected behavior is "Full Level".

Arturia please test if this Slope parameters work as they should all the time.

EDIT: When you are at it, then please remember to correct the mixer VCA volumes as well, so they can be modulated from "Zero" like in V2. At the time they need to be above Zero to be modulated. EDIT END.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 11:38:38 pm by LBH »

LBH

Re: Bug: VCA Issues.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 03:34:01 pm »
The VCA envelopes Slope levels is set to "Zero" when the value is set to "1". Exspected behavior is "Full Level".
Actually the SlopeTime is turned "Off"  (or something like that) when the SlopeLevel value is set to "1".
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 12:17:48 am by LBH »

LBH

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 12:18:11 am »
I can add that the time values shown in the display for SlopeTime - like other parameters - unfortunately does'nt show the correct value. The real time is many times longer, so it look like there is a miscalculation. I have given up to see how many minuttes the slope can get.

Beside that: In generel it look like there is a miscalculation for all parameters using a exponential curve instead of a linear. Or it's a wrong exponential function used. I would be nice if Arturia checked that.

EDIT: BTW - in the manual page 65 the envelope curves don't seem to use exponential functions. The one for complementary modules on page 99 does. Anyway there seem to miscalculations or use of wrong functions so the values get wrong. EDIT END.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 01:19:45 am by LBH »

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 12:07:33 pm »
Hi LBH,

You're right slope level knob is wrong. In fact max level is reached when you set the level on middle position.
The tooltip time value is wrong too.

I'll list those bugs here. Thank you again for you time, and sorry for that !
.......testing.......

LBH

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 03:40:55 pm »
Thanks Ben,

I like the possibility to use a slope feature like this.
Great you list.

Please have a look at this Mini V FR too, if you have missed it:
https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=90793.0

LBH

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 08:54:55 pm »
This issue is unfortunately still not fixed in the new update version 3.3.0.1391.
It's very disapointing.

I can add, that when the slope is in center position, then it's the same level as when the sustain level is in the center position. But if sustain gets more level than that, then it's more than the slope level ever can get. So the slope level simply need more power from the center position and up.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines