April 26, 2024, 10:00:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [Solved] Ableton Live Pre-Mapping/DAW Command Center Not Working  (Read 12340 times)

SaucyFaucet

Hello! Please throw some assistance my way if you can.

I just setup my Keylab Essentials 49 key, registered, activated, and installed absolutely every software, updated firmware, and factory resetted, yet I cannot get the controller to automatically map the DAW command center controls (play/pause/undo/ etc.) or pan and CH 1-8 knobs. This functionality is supposed to come automatic with the controller, and I cannot manually map things like undo or save myself, so it is incredibly frustrating.

Additionally, and this might be the same problem, but changing my Map Select from DAW mode to a different User 1-6 doesn't change the mappings I make at all. Ableton isn't recognizing that they should be different user templates. I've got the MIDI set to Mackie Control as it should be.

I have equipped all features in the Ableton MIDI preferences and chosen Keylab Essentials 49 in the drop-down, but nothing seems to work. Could this possibly be just my specific controller? Can anyone else vouch for this pre-mapping functionality working out of the box?

Thanks so much for any responses. I have contacted support but I'm really hoping I can get some insight from the community.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 09:20:06 am by Matt Arturia »

SCo_Arturia

• FW DEV - Cobra Fan
  • Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
Re: Ableton Live Pre-Mapping/DAW Command Center Not Working
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 11:02:35 am »
Hello SaucyFaucet,

This is probably because you do not have the KeyLab Essential remote script installed. The KeyLab Essential remote script is bundled since Live9.7.4b1 (beta version). So if you have a version below this one this will not work. What is your Live version?

If the script is installed, the KeyLab Essential will be automatically recognized (at Live start-up) and so the controls (buttons, pan, etc...) automatically mapped. So you should not do any configuration by yourself.

A FAQ on this topic (KeyLab Essential with Ableton Live) will be released soon. When released I will add the link to this post.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 12:20:06 pm by SCo_Arturia »

causalsets

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 11:58:15 pm »
Any update on when the FAQ and a fix will be available?

I have brand new KeyLab Essentials 61 and I use Ableton Live Standard 9.7.3 and I honestly can't wait to get it working 100%!

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 09:26:25 am »
Hi causalets,

Actually there is no need to fix anything. We just have to wait Ableton to release the 9.7.4 version of Live. The script will be bundled on the 9.7.4 version of Live.
In the meantime if you cannot wait, you can join the beta program of Ableton and download the beta version (9.7.4b1) that include the Keylab Essential script.

Regards,

Matthieu

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 09:19:30 am »
Hi everyone,

For your information Ableton have released the 9.7.4 version of Live which contains the Keylab Essential Script.

Regards,

Matthieu

SCo_Arturia

• FW DEV - Cobra Fan
  • Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
Re: [Solved] Ableton Live Pre-Mapping/DAW Command Center Not Working
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 10:06:43 am »
Hello,
Here below is the FAQ related to this topic:
https://www.arturia.com/faq/keylabessential/keylab-essential-tips-tricks

Spoz

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 04:04:03 am »
Hello! Please throw some assistance my way if you can.

I just setup my Keylab Essentials 49 key, registered, activated, and installed absolutely every software, updated firmware, and factory resetted, yet I cannot get the controller to automatically map the DAW command center controls (play/pause/undo/ etc.) or pan and CH 1-8 knobs. This functionality is supposed to come automatic with the controller, and I cannot manually map things like undo or save myself, so it is incredibly frustrating.

Additionally, and this might be the same problem, but changing my Map Select from DAW mode to a different User 1-6 doesn't change the mappings I make at all. Ableton isn't recognizing that they should be different user templates. I've got the MIDI set to Mackie Control as it should be.

I have equipped all features in the Ableton MIDI preferences and chosen Keylab Essentials 49 in the drop-down, but nothing seems to work. Could this possibly be just my specific controller? Can anyone else vouch for this pre-mapping functionality working out of the box?

Thanks so much for any responses. I have contacted support but I'm really hoping I can get some insight from the community.

I have The same Problem But Noting Work, The only thig that works and the keys but pads, faders and Daw Command CEnter doenst work, any idea how i can fix it?

Thnks you

DannyD

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 01:07:11 am »
Hello,
Here below is the FAQ related to this topic:
https://www.arturia.com/faq/keylabessential/keylab-essential-tips-tricks

@Spoz

try out the information provided in the FAQs, it worked for me.

Although sometimes its still buggy when I start Ableton.

Spoz

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2018, 04:33:59 pm »
@DanyD 

Thanks for the Reply, Now It works With Ableton :), the only thing I canīt manage to work is the Save Buttom of The DAW Command Center, And I think it Canīt be done if Iīm mistaken. Another Question I have is How I can change the, Red, Green, Yellow color of the pads when I use them, any ideas?

Again Thanks for the reply

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2018, 09:36:26 am »
Hi Spoz,

Indeed the Save button is not supported by Live API so there is nothing we can do unfortunately.
You can change the color of the pads using the Midi Control Center, however Analog Lab and DAW memory are locked and can't be modified.

Regards,

Matthieu.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines