March 29, 2024, 01:03:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Oscillating LFO rate  (Read 1450 times)

RhyminGarfunkle

Oscillating LFO rate
« on: August 04, 2017, 07:34:31 pm »
I was making sound effects with my Microbrute yesterday and something weird started happening - the LFO starting changing its oscillation rate independently, slowly changing from a very slow oscillation to a very fast one! I could hear the effect(the LFO was patched to the pitch, and the pitch would gradually change from a fast vibrato to slow and back) and see it happening on the LED. It was as though the LFO rate was being controlled by a second triangle LFO. I then started screwing with my settings before I recorded the patch and the LFO went back to regular behavior, and I haven't been able to get the variable LFO rate back. Has anyone else had something like this happen, and know a reliable way to make it happen again? It was a pretty cool effect!

I'm running the lastest firmware from last month. The pitch out was being sent to a Make Noise 0-Coast, and the 0-Coast line out went to the Microbrute line in. They're both controlled by a Beatstep Pro, which was on but stopped at the time. I don't remember the other patch details.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines