March 29, 2024, 03:25:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Piano V goes out of tune?  (Read 5204 times)

Du0

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Piano V goes out of tune?
« on: August 13, 2017, 04:23:46 am »
I'm using V Collection with Protools 12.8 and Keylab 61.

I've been trying to use Piano V but it often de-tunes while I'm playing something. For example I was playing a melody using the Fading Piano patch and it detuned, then looking at the interface it shows that the patch has been altered by showing the asterix * next to the patch name. I then went into the ACTION panel and the Strings Global Tension setting was all the way to the left at 400Hz instead of 440hz. Re-selecting the patch changes this back to the proper setting until I start playing again. It seems to trigger this if I play notes quickly together.

I'm not using any of the knobs on the keyboard and don't have any pedals attached.

LBH

Re: Piano V goes out of tune?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 09:55:55 pm »
To me it sound like you have some sort of automation going on somewhere. It could be from your DAW or from a key note that could be assigned to Global tension. A defect assigned playing control could perhaps also be responsible.
If none of this, then i have no clue what's going on.

Du0

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Piano V goes out of tune? SOLVED!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 05:21:58 am »
I discovered that  Strings Global Tension was mapped to aftertouch so the Keylab was triggering it. Don't know if this is a default, I never assigned it like that so guess it must be.

LBH

Re: Piano V goes out of tune?
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 01:54:09 pm »
By default none control is assigned to Global Tension.
But it did sound like you somehow had something assigned to Global Tension like i wrote in my first answer.
Somehow you must have got aftertouch assigned to Global Tension. Sometimes things like this can happen by mistake.
But now you have checked and found out it was aftertouch that was assigned, so the problem is hopefully solved.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines