April 16, 2024, 03:03:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Random Patch Changes in Piano V  (Read 3728 times)

smythrocks

Random Patch Changes in Piano V
« on: March 02, 2017, 01:55:32 pm »
While attempting to play any of the pianos in Piano V, the patches (or piano selection) changes randomly. They appear to change upon any new chord or note played.  Any idea what is causing this.  I'm  using the Keylab 88 (brand new) as my midi controller. I don't appear to have this issue with anything else so far.

Thank you

LBH

Re: Random Patch Changes in Piano V
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 05:51:26 pm »
That's strange.
Have you checked if you have assigned some control to the preset selectors or something like that?
Perhaps you for example have got your sustain pedal assigned to one of the "Arrow" selectors. If so it will change every time you use the pedal.
Or perhaps some other control is assigned somehow by mistake.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 05:54:29 pm by LBH »

corum_beasley

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 01:03:02 pm »
HI, i have recently been having similar issues with several plugins, though it as not happened yet with piano v. I got out my ancient program Koan Pro to make some random compositions, as i love generative music in general and often a great source of new ideas etc.

Anyway the program allows you to create tracks and assign a midi patch to them. What i was finding was that instead of playing the patch i had assigned it on its own midi channel in Ableton, i use loopMidi to send messages to Ableton from Koan, as i do not have a midi synth yet, it would play one of the patches in the playlist of the plugin being used instead.

For example, i wanted a piece to use Dream Chimes, a preset on the Synclavier and it would persistently default back to Crystal Bells, which is number 12 in the Arturia playlist, where midi patch 12 would be vibraphone . This may well be a quirk of the midi information coming from Koan and not directly related to an Arturia plugin. I thought you may want to check if there was any patch information coming from your Keylab 88 and if relates to the playlist numbers?

As far as i can see in the manuals there is no mention of playlist and midi patch numbers relationships?

I hope this helps in some way? I hope the mention of Koan hasnt confused the issue for you...it confuses me lol

All the best

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 10:18:23 am »
Hello Guys.

I'm checking if you are still facing this issue.

I have another user having this problem on Studio One, however, this problem can't be replicated on our side.
So if you got rid of this strange behaviour, I would be curious to hear how dod you proceed...

Cheers
DGDGDGDGDG

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines