March 28, 2024, 02:00:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: to buy or not to buy?  (Read 15558 times)

cocomo joe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: to buy or not to buy?
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2016, 11:11:21 am »
Uchh..
Now there is a new  h.w synth called bruty matrix in the near future available for a nice 2000 euries.
I schecked out it's specs and it seems like a lot of the original origin made it's way into it.
That's nothing new ofcourse..korg did it with the cronos/oasys and many others building on the same bedrocks as well.
But..I'm curious what you people with experience of the origin think about this new approach for this particular synth.
Would it be worth to invest in it?
And above all..what would be the gain compared to the origin?
After all..most features being offered in this new synth already existed almost 2 decades ago in n.i software synths(reactor).
In h.w synths a lot of it is already there in the origin(arpeggiator).
So..to make a long story even a bit longer.
I like to hear your opnions about this latest bruty developement.
Thank you...for reading.

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2016, 05:33:10 pm »
are you serious?

Philippe

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2016, 03:35:28 pm »
Uchh..
Now there is a new  h.w synth called bruty matrix in the near future available for a nice 2000 euries.
I schecked out it's specs and it seems like a lot of the original origin made it's way into it.

???? Do you mean “Matrix Brute” from Arturia?

If this is what you mean it is a totally different beast (and that’ll be a true beast...). “Matrix Brute” is a true *ANALOG* synthesiser, some kind of super-extra miniBrute. It is a monophonic synth with a paraphonic mode. On the other hand, Origin is a true *DIGITAL* virtual synthesiser, polyphonic, modular and multi-timbral.
Origin Lead  Developer

cocomo joe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2016, 12:18:26 pm »
Hi..philippe..sorry for the late reply..been working U.S.A for months..Harley bizz.

About the Matrix Brute..the true Analog some kind of super..extra monophonic synth with paranoid mode I'm interested in it.
Now..I have some time to seriously check it out at my local musicstore.
Sorry for the confusion,my bad to compare apples with oranges,used as I am to expect companies to build something new on old code.
As far as I can see..Arturia get better and better,and bring to the market truly different things.
So..all my respect for that.

synthguy99

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2017, 09:14:17 pm »
I would highly recommend the Origin to anyone who comes across one used, unless it's in terrible shape for whatever reason.  I sincerely doubt that anyone but Arturia will attempt anything like it.  The only synth remotely like it is the Solaris, and it will cost you a LOT more, and in my opinion doesn't quite match it in what you can accomplish with it.

To do what the Origin does, you would need several synths.  If you're lucky enough to own one, never sell it.  It will be your secret weapon forever, and what you can do with it is unequaled.
One day, I want my keyboard studio to be a synth museum like Hans Zimmer's

p.s.  PRAY FOR THIS PLANET!!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines