April 25, 2024, 01:39:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Windows 10 no sound / ASIO ok  (Read 5484 times)

bM3w

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
[SOLVED] Windows 10 no sound / ASIO ok
« on: August 04, 2017, 04:20:54 am »
I'm having issues with getting any sound from the Audiofuse in Windows when I'm NOT in ASIO mode. Also, when I try to play any audio file, e.g. an mp3, or a video on YouTube, there's no audio output and the media player's progress bar stutters.

I'm pretty sure it's just a driver issue, because I initially did not install the Audiofuse Control Center and I had sounds coming from Windows 10. After installing the Control Center that output in the Windows sound settings was gone. Now I have a Master, Cue 1, Cue 2 and SPDIF. None of which provide any sound output.

Any ideas? I uninstalled and reinstalled a few times already, but still nothing  :-\

PS: I'm on Windows 10 build 16257, x64
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 05:09:05 pm by Germain.arturia »

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Re: Windows 10 no sound / ASIO ok
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 10:45:32 am »
Hi bM3w

i have a few clues here :
can you tell me what exact version of AudioFuse control center you are using?

if you are using a DAW for recording , mixing tracks etc... you are working on a certain samplerate between 44.1 and 192khz,
now imagine you leave your DAW open and then you use another application to play an audiofile
When playing the audio file, AudioFuse will try to set it's samplerate according to the setting in AUdio device manager advanced preferences, but as the DAW is still open , it simply can't be done.
i.e i was working in Live on a project at 96khz, but the samplerate of windows is on 44,1khz. i leave live open and try to play a video on youtube -> video doesn't load, progress bar is stuck etc...

so you can maybe :
ensure you don't have 2 audio applications running in the same time (even if audio is not playing)
or
set your system sample rate according to the one you are commonly using when working on a DAW
you can set it by right click on the speaker icon bottom right of your desktop, click on playback devices , set "MASTER" as default playback device, you can access "MASTER" properties , advanced, and set the sample rate here.

hope it helps,
best

bM3w

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Windows 10 no sound / ASIO ok [SOLVED]
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 03:23:59 am »
Hi Germain,

The hint with the samplerate was leading to the solution! The system samplerate for MASTER was set to 48000. Switching it back to 44100 did the trick. Now all system sounds play through MASTER as expected :D

Thank you very much!
bM3w

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Re: Windows 10 no sound / ASIO ok
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 05:08:49 pm »
Hi,
glad you finally got rid of this one.

best,

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines