March 29, 2024, 10:58:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Switching between ASIO and WDM mode  (Read 3147 times)

tobyricketts

Switching between ASIO and WDM mode
« on: August 01, 2017, 08:12:26 am »
Hi there, I'm thrilled to finally have the Audiofuse after the long wait!

In my Windows 10 workflow, I switch between WDM and ASIO drivers frequently. Watching youtube videos, or listening to Spotify (WDM), and mixing tracks in Adobe Audition (ASIO) and back again.

The Audiofuse seems to let me use WDM drivers to start with, but as soon as I play audio through the ASIO driver, I'm no longer able to switch back to WDM.

Any ideas or workarounds on how to make this work? (I've already un-checked the option 'allow programs to take exclusive control of this device)

Thanks,

Toby Ricketts

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Re: Switching between ASIO and WDM mode
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 11:03:07 am »
Hi tobyricketts,
another user have a similar issue , as i already answered to him, maybe this answer will give you some ideas

"i have a few clues here :
can you tell me what exact version of AudioFuse control center you are using?

if you are using a DAW for recording , mixing tracks etc... you are working on a certain samplerate between 44.1 and 192khz,
now imagine you leave your DAW open and then you use another application to play an audiofile
When playing the audio file, AudioFuse will try to set it's samplerate according to the setting in AUdio device manager advanced preferences, but as the DAW is still open , it simply can't be done.
i.e i was working in Live on a project at 96khz, but the samplerate of windows is on 44,1khz. i leave live open and try to play a video on youtube -> video doesn't load, progress bar is stuck etc...

so you can maybe :
ensure you don't have 2 audio applications running in the same time (even if audio is not playing)
or
set your system sample rate according to the one you are commonly using when working on a DAW
you can set it by right click on the speaker icon bottom right of your desktop, click on playback devices , set "MASTER" as default playback device, you can access "MASTER" properties , advanced, and set the sample rate here."

hope it helps,
best

tobyricketts

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 05:16:05 am »
Hi Germain, Thanks for this.

It does kind-of work. If I close my ASIO app though, it sometimes takes some minutes for it to recover and switch back to WDM. This can be expedited by disconnecting and reconnecting the Audiofuse, which is not ideal, but works for now.

Cheers,

Toby R

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 05:14:49 pm »
hi tobyricketts,

did you check what is the system samplerate? is it the same as your ASIO app?
 as i mentioned before :

"you can set it by right click on the speaker icon bottom right of your desktop, click on playback devices , set "MASTER" as default playback device, you can access "MASTER" properties , advanced, and set the sample rate here."

setting the same samplerate between your system and your ASIO app solved the issue from other user.

looking forward to read you,

best,

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines