April 25, 2024, 10:30:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Knobs 1 & 9  (Read 3794 times)

Faastwalker

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Knobs 1 & 9
« on: July 26, 2017, 03:17:39 am »
I've tried to set these the same as the other knobs & write the settings to a preset other than 1 (which I believe is locked down to Analog Lab software). But with the settings the same as other knobs the behavior is different - 1 & 9 are slower than the other knobs. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Is there a way to speed up the knobs even more? Even on the fastest setting they take too many rotations to do a full parameter sweep of whatever you are controlling. I have updated to the latest firmware via the MCC.

Faastwalker

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Knobs 1 & 9
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 12:51:17 pm »
Been playing with this again this evening. Definitely different behavior from knobs 1 & 9. These take about 3 rotations (as far as I can go between thumb & finger x 3!!) to go from 0 - 127. Knobs 2-8 / 10-16 go from 0-127 in just over 1 rotation. I can't seem to find a way to fix this so all the knobs behave the same way for normal control of parameters. Are they just set differently? Obviously these two knobs are also buttons. But I'd expect the knobs to all behave the same regardless.

cxrstudio

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 12:16:41 pm »
I have the same problem, does anyone know how to solve it?
cXr

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 04:16:48 pm »
Hi all,
indeed the embedded components for knobs 1 & 9 are not the same as the other knobs, as you well noticed, since you can also click on these 1 & 9 knobs.
Unfortunately, by design, even if all the knobs have the same acceleration settings, knobs 1&9 will react slower.
One solution would be to implement other acceleration settings (especially when "fast" seems not fast enough for some users)
Anyway these issues will be considered on a future firmware update, but i can't tell when it will be released.
Sorry for not giving more information, but be sure we won't forget it.

best,

sguyader

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 05:09:04 pm »
Another strange behaviour I see form my brand new Minilab MKII in Akai VIP 3.1 software: after setting knobs 1 and 9 to act like the other knobs in MCC, when I turn knobs 1 or 9 in VIP it always turns the controlled software knob up, whether I turn the physical knob clockwise or counterclockwise. For example, if I set knob 1 to control Volume in VIP, when I turn it clockwise it does increase the volume, and if I turn it counterclockwise it also increases volume instead of decreasing. Which means that after turning the knob several times, volume gets maxed out, and can't be turned down with the physical knob.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines