March 29, 2024, 06:55:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI Control Center - Support for multiple devices of the same type  (Read 3313 times)

holografique

Please make it easy to support multiple Keysteps connected to the same DAW. I have (3) of them in my studio setup at various areas for controlling various things. However, the MIDI Control Center only recognizes (1) Keystep at a time. This makes management somewhat cumbersome as I can only have (1) unit connected when I need to make changes and/or firmware updates via the MIDI Control Center.

The same should apply for any of the products supported by the MIDI Control Center. Beatstep, Beatstep Pro, etc. etc.

Thanks,

holografique

Re: MIDI Control Center - Support for multiple devices of the same type
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 06:25:33 am »
Bump...

holografique

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 06:05:02 pm »
Bump...going to keep bumping this. IMO this is a complete oversight on the product, assuming that users would only want one. Your keystep is AWESOME, soo AWESOME that some users (like me) want to use more than one in their studio on the same computer. But your driver and the control software isn't supporting it well.

Please update this!

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 03:27:35 am »
Maybe post this on the MCC board?  Also is there a chance that it can't be done due to the restrictions of MIDI interfaces to one i/o on computers thus necessitating a multi-port interface for addressing more than one device via MIDI channel assignments/sysex ID's when running MIDI into the physical world? (or has this been recently changed, it's been some years since I have used MIDI with computers in any extensive manner).
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

holografique

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 12:32:18 am »
^ this is only an issue with the actual MIDI Control Center software, not actual functionality with a computer. I have all three KeySteps (and a BeatStep Pro) all connected successfully to my PC/DAW via USB with no issues. They all work (operate as controllers) just fine. Even my DAW (Nuendo) can see all 4 devices and allows me to select them for any MIDI track to sequence either software instruments or send MIDI to any of the physical ports on my (2) Steinberg MIDEX-8 interfaces. So this isn't an issue about MIDI control or support for multiple devices on the PC/DAW itself.

The issue is specifically when launching the Arturia MIDI Control Center software, it can only see 1 of the 3 KeyStep devices. It's purely a software issue where it does not support seeing the multiple USB devices of the same product type.

gphantom

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 09:23:34 pm »
Actually, it isn't a keystep problem.  When connecting to MCC, it's MCC that can't distinguish between one keystep and another.  There is a forum especially for MCC here and you should post the issue you have over there, although it is an interesting topic to consider should we need to buy more than one keystep devices and, I expect the same problem is true for multiple Keylab essentials and any other hardware device connected to Midi Control Center.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 11:36:34 pm »
There is a forum especially for MCC here and you should post the issue you have over there.
Great well-intentioned advice, but you and I (and everyone here) know that raising any query on this forum in the hope Arturia staff will notice it and remedy it is going to be about as effective as writing the problem down on a piece of paper and sending it up the chimney to Santa Claus.

This forum is such a great place for enthusiasts and like-minded musicians to discuss shared issues and propagate useful ideas. I see that happening every day. But as a conduit for communicating technical problems and feature-requests upwards to the creators....honestly don't waste your key-presses.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

holografique

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2019, 06:35:24 pm »
Actually, it isn't a keystep problem.  When connecting to MCC, it's MCC that can't distinguish between one keystep and another.  There is a forum especially for MCC here and you should post the issue you have over there, although it is an interesting topic to consider should we need to buy more than one keystep devices and, I expect the same problem is true for multiple Keylab essentials and any other hardware device connected to Midi Control Center.

Good point, I didn't catch that earlier and didn't realize there was a forum specific to the MCC. I'll repost it there in hopes of better visibility to the Arturia team.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines