March 28, 2024, 10:37:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Cannot change drum sequencer resolution while playback active  (Read 2771 times)

oopsi

Just upgraded  to new version 2 firmware and am loving it! Hadn't used Bsp or volca sample for a while but now it's a match made in heaven.As I hadn't previously used the drum sequencer I do not recall if changing resolution while sequencer was active was possible. I know this works for seq 1 and 2 so is there some technical reason why it does not work for drum sequencer?

oopsi

Re: Cannot change drum sequencer resolution while playback active
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 03:41:25 pm »
I would download an older version to check myself but older versions are not available in the resource section. So can anyone confirm or deny?

edit:
okay found version 1.4.0.20 and can confirm that in this version resolution/time sigs can be changed while playback active so version 2 has introduced a bug it seems.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 04:05:04 pm by oopsi »

vykaar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 01:06:30 am »
I have just checked this on my BSP with version 2 and can change the Drum resolution on playback without a problem as long as the DRUM button is selected

oopsi

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 03:16:09 pm »
Thanks for confirming that. Not sure what the problem could be. I can change the playback direction but triplet and time sigs are not selectable until I pause or stop playback for drum sequencer. Seq 1 and 2 time sigs are selectrable and working as expected? Tried removing all midi input and output, adjusting settings in MCC, even a different power supply. Perhaps someone could upload their MCC exported settings for me to try? I am all out of ideas after that.  ???

oopsi

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 05:54:52 am »
Support got back. Turns out to be caused by the clock sync setting set to 1 step. Changed to 24ppq and all is fine.   8)

DoctorLilt

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 01:03:58 am »
Hi, sorry to bump an old topic, but I am having the same issue with the drum track resorting to "triplet" and it being stuck on this, until I stop playback.

I am connecting a tek.Drum and a TE PO-32 to the Clock Out of my BSP, which will only sync properly if I use "1 Step" from the Sync / Clock In/Out Settings in MCC. (other clock settings cause these two machines to play at ridiculous tempos - I'm assuming they're playing at 24 or 48 pulses per quarter note?)

I don't mind if I have to use "1 Step" but I am a bit confused as to why the drum track keeps reverting to selecting "triplet", causing my tek.Drum (and my TE P0-32) drum machines to play in a tempo based on the triplet count, rather than the 4/4 bpm. As mentioned by oopsi, I can only turn triplet off if I stop playback.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 02:49:41 am »
In some way or another the pattern resolution is tied to the analogue sync resolution, so the lower the sync resolution, the less the pattern resolution.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 09:05:23 pm »
Hi DoctorLilt,
We need more precisions. Which device is Master? Which one is slave? Is the master set in triplets?

Regards,
Y.

meeeemer

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2021, 04:46:55 am »
Having the same issue. Curious to hear if someone can help.

Also: damn the verification questions for arturia are the pretty intense lol. I can't read those letters!!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines