April 19, 2024, 06:56:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Display shows only rubbish or nothing at all  (Read 1305 times)

roundandaround

Display shows only rubbish or nothing at all
« on: July 10, 2017, 02:01:32 pm »
Hi everybody,

My Keylab 61 (Black Edition) doesn't display anything or just rubbish (various characters which sometimes resemble what is supposed to be shown, or just blocks).

It used to serve as a second keyboard for my Korg Kronos, to which it was connect using a standard midi cable (five-pin din) and got its power from an external unit - everything worked fine.

Now that I have set up my studio and connected the Keylab to my MacBook Pro 15inch late 2016 (which has USB-C ports only) I have noticed the display problems as described above. Apart from that, it's working fine (Analog Lab etc., but I haven't checked the mappings in Ableton Live, Logic Pro X and MainStage yet), also the knobs, sliders and pads are fine. The problem also appears when the Keylab is not connected to anything but power.

What I've tried so far:
- I have tried to power it using either usb or power adapters only
- I have removed it from the MidiStudio in Apple.
- I have tried to update the firmware, the Keylab either isn't recognized or show as Keylab 25.
- I have started it up while pushing the two octave buttons.
- I have started it up while hold the three buttons to activate the update mode.
- I have tried tried several USB hubs, no hub at all, several usb-c to USB adapters.
- I have used a Windows laptop and I have flashed the latest firmware again.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 10:12:41 pm by roundandaround »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines