April 19, 2024, 08:59:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Latching Drum Mute Mode  (Read 1512 times)

gumcontrol

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Latching Drum Mute Mode
« on: July 09, 2017, 09:02:02 am »
We need the ability to latch the drum mute mode. Currently we have to hold DRUM + MUTE, which means we can't use two hands for muting multiple drums at once and other performance-related tasks. The idea here is to remove the necessity to hold DRUM + MUTE when muting drums in the drum sequencer and replace it with simple, hands-free on/off functionality.

I suggest two ways this could be implemented, either method would be great, or I'm sure the Arturia engineers can come up with something even better:
  • SHIFT + DRUM + MUTE to latch Drum Mute Mode; press MUTE again to exit (unlatch)
  • Make Drum Mute Latching Mode available as an option in MCC and provide a hardware shortcut to toggle it on/off like you did for the roller/looper (SHIFT + STEP 9). This way the normal DRUM + MUTE button combo would enter the latched (instead of momentary) drum mute mode.
Drum muting is an essential part of my live & production workflow, so I modified the BSP hardware to achieve this latching. I'd much rather this was done with a firmware update. See video:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/nlgDSM__mOc
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 08:09:30 pm by gumcontrol »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines