March 28, 2024, 01:45:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: PLEASE HELP ME MIDIMAP TO ABLETON LIVE 9.7 RUNNING ON MAC OSX SIERRA 10.12.5  (Read 2210 times)

nikon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
HI,

I have been trying unsuccessfully to map the MK2 controller to Ableton VST and other VTS since i have bought it. They macro keys still go haywire when i map it to the MK2.

please tell me what to do.

Thanks !

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Hi Nikon, and welcome on this board.
Can you please tell me :
-what exact version of Ableton Live you are using (minilab mkII is officially supported since Live 9.7.2)
-What is version of your minilab mkII firmware ? current one is 1.0.9.83.

here is a link which explain how the minilab mkII can work as a control surface for Live.
https://www.arturia.com/faq/utilization/ableton-live-control-surface-mappings

here is also a link for the FAQ page for the minilab mkII
https://www.arturia.com/faq/minilabmkii/

hope it helps,
best,

nikon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi

I am running Ableton 9.7.3

and the current firmware you mentioned for the MK2.

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Ok then, let me copy a few words from a previous thread, where i was explaining how this script works :

so how does it work ?
Live writes the script inside minilab mkII memory 8 only, at the opening of Live or once your minilab mkII is set to control Live. The process is very fast, around 4 seconds.
Please note that if you stored something else inside memory 8, Live will overwrite this memory on each live opening.

Once set up in live preferences as a control surface ( Control surface : minilab mkII / Input and output : Arturia MiniLab mkII and in midi ports : minilab mkII input and output  track and remote on)
Quit prefs, switch on memory 8 ( with shift + pad 8 ) and you're ready to go !

now on memory 8 :
knob 8 will make you scroll live left / right
knob 16 will make you scroll up/down
knobs 1 to 4, and 9 to 12 will be linked to live device parameters
knobs 5-6 will make you control selected track send A/B
knob 13 will make you control selected track panning
knob 14 will make you control selected track output level
knobs 7 and 15 will make you control  Return A and B level

And what about pads?

Still on memory 8 , PAD 1 to 8 will make you control clips from 1 to 8

and how can i control clips?

Once your track is armed (can be done manually or automatically if you insert a virtual instrument in it) simply browse to the desired scene using minilab mkII knobs 8 and 16. Once Live cursor is placed on the right location, simply press the corresponding pad on your minilab mkII. As an example , midi track 1 is armed , Live cursor is well placed, if you press pad 1 , recording will start and your pad will light up red.
If you press pad 1 again, clip recording will stop, then start playing , and your pad will light up green.
After the insertion of a Virtual instrument , you can also do a double mouse-click on the desired clip location to edit all it’s settings, writing midi notes. Corresponding pad of your minilab mkII will light up yellow.
(please refer to Ableton Live manual, to learn more about midi clips settings)
Once your clip and notes are set, press the yellow pad on your minilab mkII, your clip will start and your pad will light up green. Once the clip is stopped, pad’s color will switch back to yellow.
Stopping your clip will depend of your clip settings, but you can’t stop it using pads of your minilab mkII by default. Please remember that Live transport buttons can be midi mapped to any pad of your minilab mkII

How can i control my virtual synth without interfering with Live controls?

No need to worry about that ! Insert your favorite synth to any track, switch on minilab mkII any memory between 2 and 7 (remember Memory 1 is reserved for controlling analog lab only). Once switched to the desired memory, you will control and map your synth parameters. If you want to get back on Live controls, simply switch back to memory 8.

Is there anyway to do some finger drumming with minilab mkII pads?

Sure ! Just load a drum rack on the desired track, switch on any minilab mkII memory between 2 and 7. You can then use pads 1 to 8 to create beats.
Again , if you want to switch back to live controls, simply switch to memory 8 on your minilab mkII

Hope to have answered to your questions,
feel free to come back to me if needed, sorry if i can't be as reactive as i would.

best,

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines