March 28, 2024, 02:39:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Broken Already?  (Read 12474 times)

mrbob

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Broken Already?
« on: July 04, 2017, 03:51:36 pm »
I heard my speakers make a loud pop.  Turned the Mac on and no sound.  Unplugged everything.  I've narrowed it down - there is no power getting through the mini usb - so no connection to the mac either.  I've tried several other cables.  The Mac was off while it happened.  I have the dc adapter plugged in also - and everything is plugged into a surge protected UPS.

Is there anything I can do to revive it?  this is a major annoyance as I just today sold my old interface this was meant to replace.

mrbob

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Broken Already?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 03:54:34 pm »
I've tried factory reset before you ask..

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 05:03:31 pm »
Hi Mrbob,
sorry to read that.
I have a few questions,because i'm having hard times to fully understand the situation.

1/ Are you meaning that your AudioFuse doesn't power up ( no leds, no signs of life) or that you don't get any sound through speakers and phones?

2 / if you can't power it up, for sure it is a problem but i may have a solution for this. Aside of the factory reset, we also have an emergency firmware procedure : you have to press and hold the "A" button top left while plugging DC power. The unit will boot on a minimal firmware version. You have then to open the AFCC manually by clicking on it and then update your unit to current firmware. you can see this procedure on our AudioFuse tips and tricks page, available here: https://www.arturia.com/faq/audiofuse/audiofuse-tips-tricks

3/ If your unit is alive, but no sound is going through speakers and phones outputs, can you please check if :
- in the case where you are playing sounds from your computer , please check if the direct/computer wheel is fully set to "computer"
- in the case where you want to listen your instrument which is plugged in input 1 or 2 or 3 or 4, please check if the direct/computer wheel is fully set on "direct"

4/ If you are able to connect your unit to your computer, i'd like to have a screenshot of your AudioFuse Control Center and Audiomisisetup, just to be sure everything's ok in your setup.

Looking forward to read you,
best regards,

mrbob

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 05:43:18 pm »
Hi.
I only get power through the dc adapter. There is nothing through the micro USB.
If I plug the micro USB into an iPad I get the "supported accessory uses too much power" error, but if I then plug the extra USB into a power hub it says nothing at all.

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 06:16:47 pm »
Hi,
thanks for your reply.
so if you plug the DC and then micro USB thicker part (with the usb logo on it) to your computer, does AFCC display the "please connect your audiofuse" message?
in the case of a nomad connection on an ipad, did you try to restart your ipad after connecting the powerbank? i have been tricked some times by not respecting this particular order.
best,

mrbob

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 09:28:25 pm »
So I've left it alone for a while.  Now when I plug it into the mac it the lights turn on, but AAC displays the "Please connect your AudioFuse" message.  It doesn't appear in the system settings as a sound device or a midi device.
However, my beatstep and keystep appear on my mac as midi devices in "Audio Midi Setup" when plugged into the usb on the AudioFuse.  However they keep selecting and unselecting in "Audio Midi Setup".  Logic won't start and says Core Midi error.
Connected to the ipad requires additional power or the AudioFuse keeps restarting every 3 seconds, and the speakers don't like that!

...edit
Logic eventually started but displays a popup that the number of midi inputs keep changing.

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 09:44:40 am »
Hi mrbob,

As it is still not working, i suggest you try the "emergency firmware" solution :
Aside of the factory reset, we also have an emergency firmware procedure : you have to press and hold the "A" button top left while plugging DC power. The unit will boot on a minimal firmware version. You have then to open the AFCC manually by clicking on it's icon on your desktop . Once opened, It will display " the firmware of this device is out of date, please update."
 then please update your unit to current firmware.
you can see this procedure on our AudioFuse tips and tricks page, available here: https://www.arturia.com/faq/audiofuse/audiofuse-tips-tricks

If it is still not working, i suggest you try to connect DC power + a standard micro-usb type B on your unit to computer. Just to see if nothing's wrong in the cable itself.

Hope it will help,

best,

mrbob

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 10:35:39 am »
Yeah I've done all that.  It's dead.  It's now the annoyance of sending it back and going a week with no sound or means of connecting my gear while a replacement arrives.  And they've ran out of gunmetal versions, so double grrr.

Any idea why it happened? The hardware must have gone. Or to avoid it. I kept it in green mode.

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 11:01:59 am »
Hey MrBob.

Please contact us through the support in order to achieve a complete & precise troubleshoot.

We will then see if your unit is defective or not.

Best Regards.

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

bandrewsays

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2017, 06:45:16 am »
I have encountered a very similar problem.

I went to plug the interface in (using the PSU), and i noticed I was getting no power. First thing I tried was restarting my power strip, but nothing. I then tried different wall outlets, and nothing. I tried powering the interface off USB power, and no luck there either. I then read this thread and saw the emergency firmware bootup procedure, and gave that a shot. Still nothing.

Based on the fact that I am unable to get power from the PSU, or USB cable, it seems like the unit is completely dead. Also because it's getting zero power in either situation, it is not recognized on my computer.

I have already submitted a support ticket, but think it's important to share the experience here in case anyone else has a similar issue.

Any ideas what might be causing these failures?

austinwen98

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2018, 10:31:26 am »
Guess what? I got an exactly the same issue on my AudioFuse!!!

Needless to say, I've tried every possible solution mentioned above. I successfully made it into the "emergency firmware mode" at first. But soon after I launched the AFCC app, it automatically updated the firmware on prompted dialogue window. Nothing happened after that, no procedure bar shows how much had been done or anything. So I started over the solution again. But this time, I failed at the very first step, turning it on to the emergency firmware mode, and eventually got a lovely DEAD machine.

Please do find out the factors that may cause this problem. I do love this tiny little powerful box, but I do hate to send it back to get this problem fixed.

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2018, 05:05:15 pm »
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that. The best way to get proper help is by sending a ticket to our support services. They will get back to you very shortly. https://www.arturia.com/support/askforhelp

Regards,

Matthieu

joeflyer59

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2018, 04:01:33 pm »
I have this EXACT Same issue as well.  (I"ve had to do the manual repluging deal for quite some time now - you know, where it restarts all weird with the TALKBACK, MUTE, MONO, and Track 1 PAD buttons engaged.  Just got in the habit of having to disengage those every day.)  But today, after needing to use the ADAT input (BEWARE!!!) if you try to change the Digital Input, Output, or Perhaps Clock (I'm not sure which one did it in finally) it will NOT come back to life after one of those Automatic Powercycles!

Forced emergency firmware reboot is now the only thing that it responds to, but that is useless to be because you need the latest firmware update - and that permanently fails EVERY time, this killing it dead again.  Leaving you stuck with Firmware v0.1.0. 

I've turned in a ticket already, obviously - just waiting now.

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2018, 11:38:53 am »
HI Joeflyer59,
i maybe have a clue on this one.
please follow these steps carefully:

disconnect AudioFuse PSU + USB cable
Plug PSU while holding "A" button -> it boots on emergency firmware
Release your finger from "A" Button, Plug usb cable between computer and AudioFuse
Once done, open AFCC manually by clicking on the AFCC icon on your desktop
You'll see the popup forcing you to update your firmware -> hold "A" Button again , and click on "update"
Once upgrade process is started ( when you see that progress bar moving) , release your finger.

Should be ok then.
Hope it will help with your case.
Best regards,

jugetsu85

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2018, 03:44:08 pm »
This issue hit me out of nowhere today after a recording session. Nothing has helped for the time being. I sent a support request and hopefully the matter gets sorted soon..

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines