March 28, 2024, 02:51:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: "Famous/featured patch/sound" choice in presets browser  (Read 4532 times)

loboloco

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
"Famous/featured patch/sound" choice in presets browser
« on: February 08, 2017, 09:03:31 am »
Hi Arturia
There are many presets featuring famous sounds used by known artists/bands who usedthe famous synths featured on AL ( Vangelis and Supertramp are only the first that come to my mind right now ). These patches/sounds are usually "hinted" by their names (as so not to infringe any copyrights, I suppose).. I wonder if it could be possible to add a "famous" or "as featured" category in the browser (under "characteristics", maybe) so to be able to access these specific sounds more easily.
Thank you
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 09:14:30 am by loboloco »

NotASpeckOfCereal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: "Famous/featured patch/sound" choice in presets browser
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 04:08:39 am »
[resurrecting thread]

In the CS80, I noticed a sort feature that allows you to toggle between Name (alphabetical) and Featured (where presets with the Arturia logo next to it sort to the top), which you select by clicking on the icon selected in red in the following image. But I couldn't find a mention of it in the docs (PDFs for Analog Lab and CS80). Is this (the OP's feature request) what this is?

Is it 'artist' created/inspired, or simply Artura 'favorite' list that gets selected in the Analog Labs preset browser?

Thanks,
Speck

Wow, marque tag support -- this is so early 1990s!

LBH

Re: "Famous/featured patch/sound" choice in presets browser
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 03:00:26 pm »
I thought this was a feature request.

You can not make changes on the factory presets. But you can resave/ copy them using "Save as". When you do that you can put them in new banks and give both the presets and the banks the names you wan't. Also you can add characteristica by your choice of name. You can change any attribute. Bank and characteristica also be Featured and Famous like mentioned or and Artists name etc.. It's your choice.
Afterwards you can search/ select by the bank and characteristica attributes you have added and so on and also use the above mentioned sort feature.
The preset management is powerful.

Being able to search in the comment words could make the system even more powerful.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines