April 20, 2024, 12:01:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Drum map per project  (Read 2271 times)

syrupcore

Drum map per project
« on: July 02, 2017, 04:47:15 am »
I use a few different drum sources. Would dearly love to be able to have more than one drum track note configuration stored on the device. Using MCC is a bit of a pain but more importantly/constraining, changing the drum map can wreck existing projects. Being able to save a few projects as templates would be dreamy.

Bonus round: if we could save a drum map per project, we could also re-purpose the drum channel as a sort of poly mode. Say, using 8 notes for drum triggers and the other 8 as notes pointing at a poly synth. :)

As long as I'm asking into the proverbial wind, why not also ask for the ability to set the notes for each drum track directly on the device? We can set the value of a step in the melodic sequences. Seems like the same procedure to me. Not talking about recording those changes into the sequencer. Just the ability to set it via some key combo.

migloJE

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Drum map per project
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 03:05:17 pm »
I would like if you could change octave of the drum map, various synths that have drum samples have different layouts and i don't like to use computer software when i performing with my synths..
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 11:53:48 am by migloJE »

ozmic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 08:29:43 pm »
Yes, this is something that I would like to see implemented. As I have 5 drum machines the drum map needs to be different for each one.
Thus, in a live scenario I could only use one of the drum machines with the BSP.

What about for each drum sequence a different drum map is an option?
Would it be possible to send midi to more than one drum machine and play more than one sequence at a time? Seq 1 plays say a drumbrute and seq 2 plays a TR8 both with different drum maps.
Or using the same drum machine, seq 1 and seq 2 play together with their own drum maps as 16 pads are not enough.
And maybe be able to use the knobs to change the drum map on each pad (with or without the need for the Midi Control Center).

botheyes

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 06:11:25 am »
+1 — I discovered (and joined) the Arturia forum while searching for this feature specifically! Glad to see someone else hoping for it too. I also have several drum setups: Volca Beats, Volca Sample, and various drum/percussion modules via CV. So simply navigating to a new project to change drum maps (as opposed to having to reconfigure everything in the Midi Control Center) would save lots of headaches and aid in more "on the fly" use of my setup.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines