March 29, 2024, 07:24:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Getting double notes from pads on Nord Drum 2  (Read 12554 times)

Liquidyzer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Getting double notes from pads on Nord Drum 2
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2016, 04:12:32 pm »
Known problem with the Nord Drum as for some reason they designed it to react to pulse start of rise and end of rise so you need extremely short triggers. At the end of the day it is designed primarily for drum pads and not triggers.

2 Solutions I know if you own modular rigs (sorry guys if you don't):

1. Run all your triggers through envelopes. Expensive but does the job
2. Buy a cheap gate to trigger module http://ladik.ladik.eu/?page_id=559

kismert

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2016, 03:04:03 pm »
Hello all:

I was researching this very topic, and ran across this blog post:

Arturia Beatstep Pro and Nord Drum 2

This looks like a 98% solution to getting the Arturia Beatstep Pro and Nord Drum 2 to work together when connecting the Beatstep's drum gate to the ND2's trigger.

No other gear (envelope generators, gate-to-trigger, etc.) is required to get this to work.

This blog post essentially echos what user bemushroomed is saying.

Please try this out, and see what results you get.

-Ken
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 03:07:47 pm by kismert »

bemushroomed

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2016, 03:19:50 pm »
Thanks kismert, will try it out :)

wartaler

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2016, 06:41:33 am »
Hi!

On the Nord Drum forum someone posted this link: http://www.emotionfoundry.com/synths/tips/beatstep-pro-and-nord-drum-2/

I think MIDI should be quick enough for most purposes, the advantage of MIDI is that you can make use of velocity, the gate outputs of the BSP are on/off

bemushroomed

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2016, 06:49:24 am »
MIDI has awful latency in comparison to CV.. i measured it recently and i had like 15ms in comparison to CV triggers, imo MIDI is for the most part not useable if you want tight timing (very important for drums).  you can make use of velocity with triggers but its more of a hassle than midi..

Maffez

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2017, 11:13:41 pm »
Hiya,

dunno if this is still relevant/alive here. Had a similar problem with my Syncussion and solved it by attenuating the gate. Passive solution (a spare 47k pot) works fine. A bit of attenuations softens the end spike of the gate enough not to retrigger when the pad is released. Maybe works for the ND too?

quertz42

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2017, 07:30:37 pm »
Hiya,

dunno if this is still relevant/alive here. Had a similar problem with my Syncussion and solved it by attenuating the gate. Passive solution (a spare 47k pot) works fine. A bit of attenuations softens the end spike of the gate enough not to retrigger when the pad is released. Maybe works for the ND too?

this is an amazing idea; will try out asap!

tkabd

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2017, 10:01:18 pm »
Indeed the bsp sends click from gate outputs from both pressing the pad and releasing it. Pretty strange((( Some of my modular drums react on this and double trigger. The only way to avoid it is to shorten the gate to less than 15-10. I really think it shouldn't be like that. Pease Arturia do something with that...

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2017, 12:26:53 pm »
Hiya,

I was getting double triggers on my Vermona Kick Lancet but then used a simple headphones volume control and it stopped.  I then found that using the audio trigger in on the Kick Lancet works also, (the box has three different trigger inputs).
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines