March 29, 2024, 11:55:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Mini V modulation controlled by expression pedal  (Read 2189 times)

DaveWT

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Mini V modulation controlled by expression pedal
« on: June 30, 2017, 02:05:47 am »
Hi All,

I've not managed to assign the expression pedal to Mini V modulations. I have succeeded in assigning the expression pedal as the user manual suggests without issues in Synclavier V software.

I'm using a Keylab 88 and the LCD screen shows ExprePed Val: moving nicely from 0 - 127.

I have no issued assigning Mini V modulations to any other mod source (after touch, mod wheel, pitch bend etc)

any ideas?

LBH

Re: Mini V modulation controlled by expression pedal
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 03:06:20 pm »
May i ask if you use Mini Vs modulation matrix?
How do you assign Aftertouch as modulator?

DaveWT

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 12:46:33 am »
Hi There LBH,

yes I've been using the Modulation Matrix. After your post I went into Mini V (Standalone mode) and tried again and I was able to assign the expression pedal without any problems.

I went back to the DAW (Logic) and tried again and had the same issue as earlier (able to assign after touch, knobs, switches etc but not the expression pedal).

I have since found that the issue was conflicting midi assign commands were coming from Logic (Assigned globally - in error - for the Logic B3 instrument.

It looks like I'll need to look into organising my logic midi assignments better.

Thanks

LBH

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 02:11:39 am »
Hi DaveWT,

Great if you got it fixed.

Just in case.
Some controls have reserved MIDI CC numbers.
Perhaps a list like this http://en.wikiaudio.org/MIDI:Control_change_message_list can help to find out what CC numbers it perhaps can be good to be careful to use or how to use.

Thanks for reporting back.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines