April 20, 2024, 03:27:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [SOLVED] BSP and Volca Beats  (Read 2983 times)

mrvinyl

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
[SOLVED] BSP and Volca Beats
« on: June 30, 2017, 01:06:25 am »
Everytime I start my BSP my Volca starts in play mode - I don't need it to start playing as BSP has a pattern programmed to play the volca - Anyway of stopping the BSP automatically triggering play on volca

I'm contected via BSP midi out into volca midi in (channel 10) BSP int sync master
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 11:35:17 am by I grec »

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: BSP and Volca Beats
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 02:05:08 am »
Switch your Volca Beats to internal sync.  It won't respond to any external transport messages in internal mode but will still respond to notes and CC's.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Steinberger

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 10:56:37 am »
Just clear out a pattern on the VB.

mrvinyl

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 02:05:36 am »
Switch your Volca Beats to internal sync.  It won't respond to any external transport messages in internal mode but will still respond to notes and CC's.
Excellent, worked a treat. Thanks!

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 12:03:03 pm »
Excellent, worked a treat. Thanks!

I decided as fun as the VBeats sequencer is to play with live, it's not that good in a large multi-sequencer set-up and better as a module in that situation.  I use the BSP for sequencing it's notes and a Pyramid to run it's CC's (replacing the parameter lock function).
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines