March 28, 2024, 03:11:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: no sound in BP or LP filter mode  (Read 2059 times)

odecahedron

no sound in BP or LP filter mode
« on: June 28, 2017, 04:28:13 am »
 ???

this problem occurred last night for a few hours - then the sound came back but was still sort of weak.

now today there is no sound again - its totally gone (in BP or LP modes ).  i can only hear the synth in HP filter mode. (in which everything seems to still work fine). The only sound i can hear in BP or LP mode is the the gate opening but as if Dcay Sustain and Release are all at zero (like a "Pft" clipping kind of sound, but very quiet)

has my brute fried a chip? how do i fix or replace? im out of warranty now.

cheers
Otis

BodoBrute

Re: no sound in BP or LP filter mode
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 11:59:04 am »
I consider it likely that it is the switch itself (I wrote this on MW as well ;)). At least it is worth checking before anything else, hoping that this is indeed the cause and saves you a lot of search.

https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=14177.msg118236#msg118236

odecahedron

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 03:12:48 am »
yeah i think its the switch itself too - as even in  HP everything else appears to function normally.

this is the best pics of the 3 position sliding switch on the microbrute board. it appears to fit the same slide switch parts on the minibrute board schematic. i cant find the switch arturia use here (with the alum tube-arm) on ebay, ts-electronics, or any component supply sites ive visited, they all have the black plasic arms ... anyone have any ideas where i could find this particular switch?

BodoBrute

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 08:51:50 am »
anyone have any ideas where i could find this particular switch?

I got mine directly from Arturia. Just open a ticket and ask :D. According to my experience, they are really friendly and willing to help.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines