April 26, 2024, 01:57:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arpeggiator up/down mode - Record transposes  (Read 3084 times)

GlennVS

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Arpeggiator up/down mode - Record transposes
« on: June 27, 2017, 09:55:55 pm »
Since v2, when you hold the roller strip u can make arpeggios and record them. The arpeggio only repeats the notes you're holding. Can u make the BSP do arpeggios which jumps between octaves? So when you hold the strip and hold 1 note, it repeats the holded note and +1 octave of that note.

When you transpose an existing sequence by pushing "sequencer 1"+button + a note, can you record this transpose?

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Arpeggiator up/down mode - Record transposes
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 01:56:54 am »
It plays the notes in the order you hit them, so hit some notes an octave or two higher than the first ones.  This is their solution to no octave switch on the Keystep and I dare say it's what they will say to this also.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

GlennVS

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 10:13:55 pm »
I can only insert notes of the same octave into the arpeggio. Only C has 2 octaves. How do you insert notes of a higher octave into the arpeggio?

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 02:04:56 am »
Have you tried changing the octave while holding down a note?  I've not but it works on the Keystep.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines