March 28, 2024, 11:46:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark 2 Bug Fix Requests Compilation  (Read 68536 times)

syz-x

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Spark 2 Bug Fix Requests Compilation
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2018, 06:21:40 pm »
I do not believe Arturia will ever fix/update spark. I dear to say that I honestly don't think they have put a single hour of work on it, cause it's an "end of life" product for them.

We who purchased the product (software/hardware) are kind of screwed. And this is one of the most misbehaved customer cases I ever seen, and a classic school book example of "how not to treat customers" in any marketing text book.

The only decent thing Arturia should do right now is to offer some kind of refund deal to customers who want to return their non-working spark software and/or hardware.

I really hope management@arturia come to their senses with this, that would be the only thing that could make me become a returning customer.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 06:26:22 pm by syz-x »

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2018, 09:59:17 pm »
I do not believe Arturia will ever fix/update spark. I dear to say that I honestly don't think they have put a single hour of work on it, cause it's an "end of life" product for them.

We who purchased the product (software/hardware) are kind of screwed. And this is one of the most misbehaved customer cases I ever seen, and a classic school book example of "how not to treat customers" in any marketing text book.

The only decent thing Arturia should do right now is to offer some kind of refund deal to customers who want to return their non-working spark software and/or hardware.

I really hope management@arturia come to their senses with this, that would be the only thing that could make me become a returning customer.

Take heed, the light waxes upon the horizon!!  ;D
I am allowed to say that I am beta testing for the Spark update (currently called 2.4) and I am downloading right now the first test build available to me.
So have hope! Action has been taken and results are being ...... resulted ...

l8r
artao
This space left intentionally blank.

machinesworking

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2018, 10:15:12 pm »
 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

This is great news! I've given up on Maschine as a drum solution in general, all that's left to do is to print to audio all tracks in current songs and sell the hardware.
Maschine for the last 9 years has on and off been a total PITA with any time signature changes in a DAW. Dragging in MIDI to your DAW involves 16 MIDI tracks minimum for drums....
   Spark on the other hand is a fairly easy DAW integration, with only the odd counterintuitive hiccup related to not selecting it as a MIDI source , beyond that it's easy as pie. I've been terrified to use it for fear it gets major bugs and never updated. IMO Arturia dropped the ball with Spark, if actually finishing a song in it's pattern sequencer was set up a bit better they could take a significant market share with it. Compared to VSTi only solutions or Maschines bloat and shortcomings it could be the sweet spot to people if Arturia could figure out how to market it. A clue would be selling it as Drum Brute's digital brother, and making integration between the two a thing.

lordjingjing

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2018, 07:35:06 pm »
Thatīs great news! ;D Honestly I had almost given up hope, both on Spark and Arturia, looking forward to the update!  8)

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2018, 04:27:08 pm »
Hi guys,

As artao said, Spark 2.4 is currently being tested by external testers. Still some work to do but we are moving forward and we will deliver.

Regards,

Matthieu

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2018, 01:22:57 pm »
Hi all,
Spark 2.4 is now available for download.
Please enjoy ;)
.......testing.......

lordjingjing

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2018, 06:23:35 pm »
Hi all,
Spark 2.4 is now available for download.
Please enjoy ;)

Thanx for pulling through guys! ;D And what a great timing, going to be a fun weekend. ;)

vaikl

« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2018, 06:42:41 pm »
Download error...Download error...Download error... >:( >:( :P :P Come on Arturia folks, pause your online games and let us download!!!

Seriously - that's always the same every time new downloads are acknowledged:/ I can't get Spark 2.4 nor the Analog Lab 3 update, neither from the ASC nor from https://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals. That's ridiculous.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 10:09:07 pm by vaikl »

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2018, 04:25:46 pm »
Thank you lordjingjing ! I hope you'll enjoy jamming with this 2.4 !
vaikl yes you're right too much people love Spark at the same time ! I guess the server bandwidth is too small. We didn't expect so much !
.......testing.......

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2018, 04:43:02 pm »
Thank you lordjingjing ! I hope you'll enjoy jamming with this 2.4 !
vaikl yes you're right too much people love Spark at the same time ! I guess the server bandwidth is too small. We didn't expect so much !
Well, that shows you how popular Spark 2 still is, eh?
Perhaps a v3 is in order then? <wink><wink><nudge><nudge> ;)
This space left intentionally blank.

eisermann

« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2018, 08:21:23 pm »
Hi Everybody,

I'm new to this forum and new to the Spark 2 / LE topic so please forgive me if do something wrong. Here is my case:

Recently I bought a used Spark LE controller with Spark 2 Software (of course I downloaded version Spark_2_4_0_106.exe). I also own iSpark and it works fine for me on my iPad Pro.

I use Spark 2.4.0.106 standalone. Now I want to create custom synths on my DELL Studio 1747 with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. I open the Modular page and everything seems to be fine, BUT there are no vertical scrollbars where I need them to see all the modules that are available. Same for the main (or "construction") section where I would drag the modules to. The only difference here is, that I can use the arrow keys to scroll up/down/left/right. I tried to jump to the Modules section using TAB, but - besides I don't get any visual feedback where I'm at - I can't scroll. The TAB-jumping itself seems to work, as I could change the first row of the Macro section.

The Modular page is THE page for me in Spark 2. I can do everything else I would want to do in iSpark, though it would be easier to access my samples on the hard-drive on my laptop and then export the whole kit from there. All videos I have seen so far only show Spark 2 for Mac, so I have no idea if I'm the only one experiencing this bug. I'll add a screenshot so you can see what I'm talking about. You will also see, that the Macro section looks cropped on the right side and also the main section kind of covers the modules where the scrollbar should be.

I hope this will be fixed in the near future! ;)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 08:34:43 pm by eisermann »

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2018, 01:32:28 pm »
Hi eisermann,

Did you test with the mouse wheel ? or using 2 fingers on a track pad ?
No scrollbar should be displayed on the GUI there.
Using mouse wheel adjust zoom ratio or scrolls the menus.
.......testing.......

eisermann

« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2018, 08:47:06 pm »
Did you test with the mouse wheel ? or using 2 fingers on a track pad ?

Hi ben,

thanks for the suggestion. When I use the track pad it works - sometimes. I couldn't figure out how to get a consistent result.

vax71

• Apprentice
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2019, 04:01:55 pm »
Hi
No scrollbar should be displayed on the GUI there.
Using mouse wheel adjust zoom ratio or scrolls the menus.
I like to use a stylus/tablet — without a scrollwheel! A scrollbar would be great.

Some bugs:
  • The Depth pot of the Ring Modulator module is broken. I have to use a macro.
  • The Min/Max values in a macro are cleared when a patch is changed (any patch, every macros). This makes accurate sound programming a torture
  • Yesterday Spark froze when saving my project. The sequencer was running. I lost my project (Spark freeze when I try to load it)

phantom

• Apprentice
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2019, 04:38:56 pm »
Hello everybody!

I'm using spark 2 days now and I'm having some problems. It happens to fail accepting samples from ableton, and a restart of the daw is needed to operate with the new sample. IT makes thing so laggish. I've tried to delete the sample, and after that drag and drop into the empty slot, but would't allow to delete as well. Maybe I'm doing smthg wrong, any help or suggestions appreciated.

pha

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines