March 29, 2024, 06:56:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: add soundmap  (Read 3300 times)

rictusergic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
add soundmap
« on: June 24, 2017, 11:51:24 pm »
I imagine the modular aspect of this synth could make implementing soundmap a nightmare --- but it's interesting to see where a sound might end up, especially if the synth has a lot of parameters and variables

corum_beasley

Re: add soundmap
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 10:13:12 am »
Hi im relatively new to synths what is soundmap?

LBH

Re: add soundmap
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 04:18:21 pm »
Hi im relatively new to synths what is soundmap?
Arturia had a feature called Sound map. It was abandoned with V-Collection 5 applications. Only some of the older Arturia applications had this feature.
It was a sort of preset selecting and preset morphing feature.
Some soft synth have or have had a morphing feature where you can/ could morphe between two or more preset sounds.
I don't know of any hardware synths that could morphe between preset sounds. But some can morphe/ crossfade/ crossmodulate something in some way like prophet VS and Synclavier can.

Modular V did'nt have sound map, and if it's possible to have a feature like this for Modular, then i think it's very difficult. Modular V is a old application from the sound map period, but did'nt ever have it, as far as i know.

You can download the old manuals like for ARP 2600 V2 using the "Archieve" button on the download page, and read about the sound map feature with illustrations to see how it looked like: https://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals

Even if a morphing feature can be great, then i personally don't find the soundmap feature too stable. But when V-Collection 5 came out, then soundmaps was requested back by some. Posts about that excist in the forums allready.

My prority is for example to get all the synths bugs and features fixed before spending time on a new soundmap system. I guess there was reasons for Arturia to abandon the feature.

A morphing feature i would like to be a playing control/ articulation feature as well, so it's possible to record the full morphing sequence/ stages from one sound to another (or between more presets.). Then you for example could morphe between a string sound and a flute sound with gliding blends of those in between.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 04:26:21 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines