April 16, 2024, 01:05:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Muting- Active Drum Track View  (Read 1775 times)

Jeremiahklinger

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Muting- Active Drum Track View
« on: June 24, 2017, 04:59:56 am »
With the 2.0 update, you no longer can see which drum tracks are active while in mute mode. Please bring this feature back.

gumcontrol

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Muting- Active Drum Track View
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 07:06:28 am »
I agree.

Arturia -- There is no longer visual feedback in drum mute mode with firmware version 2.0.0.2. The pads used to flash to show drum activity.

This is a bad bug; I rely heavily on drum muting for my live sets. I even modified my BSP so I can latch drum mute mode (the default procedure of having to hold DRUM + MUTE is useless if you want to perform with two hands). Without visual feedback it makes performance much more challenging. I've reverted back to the old firmware, unfortunately.

Please release a patch for this bug ASAP. Please don't make us wait another year.   :(

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 09:40:57 am »
It may be only with certain machines as I just double checked and the muted pads are being displayed for on my BSP running version 2.0.0.2 firmware.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Jeremiahklinger

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 04:39:27 am »
The muted tracks are lit, but the active, non-muted tracks are no longer shown by a dim light as they previously were. It is difficult in to keep track of the various drum tracks that are active in a mix and their pad position when wanting to mute during performance especially when you are triggering less straightforward recognizable sounds and/or when you have many pads active. I really liked this previous feature of the Beatstep Pro and was really disappointed that the DrumBrute didn't.. Now I'm especially disappointed that the Beatstep Pro lost this feature. The DrumBrute's drum track sounds are more easily distinguished from each other so it's a little easier to play around with muting In performance, however, it'd be much nicer to have that visual cue as to what all is active.

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 04:38:32 pm »
Hi all,
This is a bad bug
Sorry, but this is not a bug. This is the normal behavior.

Regards,
Y.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines