April 20, 2024, 06:02:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Anyone else notice the supplied midiplugs cannot be fully inserted?  (Read 2088 times)

joeflyer59

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Got my Audiofuse today (and it's BEAUTIFUL!) Except for one glaring issue (for me as a midi guy, anyways!) the supplied midi-adapters can't be fully inserted because the rubber insulation ring (for the unit cover) physically impedes the 1/8" miniplug from being seated.  (or I should say vice-versa as the issue is the midi plugs not the lovely cover insulator)  I don't want to remove the insulator ring, as I intend to utilize the cover regularly - so that's not practical at all. Seems that if the gray rubber grip of the 1/8" miniplug was slim, (like for iPhones) it would be a non-issue. 

I popped a line to support about it - but I was curious what anyone else thought (DIY workarounds? - i.e. adapters, or even taking a blade and "shaving" down the plug? - which I'm reluctant to do cause it would look ghetto- lol)

Joey
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 10:54:54 am by Edouard_Arturia »

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Re: Anyone else notice the supplied midiplugs cannot be fully inserted?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 03:29:33 pm »
Hello joeflyer59, and welcome on this board.

The purpose of this rubber around the AudioFuse is to be a part of the package for protection, and is meant to be removed by user on first opening, just like a plastic protection of a brand new cellular phone's screen.
it can also be replaced if you want, but it is a bit tricky.
Anyway, when rubber is removed, you'll notice that the cover suits the unit perfectly.
For sure we should communicate more about it, sorry for the confusion,
i'll share the info with support team,
hope it helped!

best,

« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 10:55:48 am by Edouard_Arturia »

joeflyer59

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I feel like such a dork!  That makes perfect sense, and to be fair - that's a swanky little piece of packing material, I that it was part of the deal!  But yes the lid fits perfect (as well as the plugs) without it! 

Sorry for the totally ignorant post!

Joey

HomerChill

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
aye joey,
ME too! I was like , uh ohh the plugs dont fit. then i saw this AFTER I posted my own thread ... :( :/

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines