March 29, 2024, 08:28:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Is there a way to stop the blinking lights on MiniLab?  (Read 7765 times)

Sweetsman

• Apprentice
Is there a way to stop the blinking lights on MiniLab?
« on: June 14, 2017, 07:33:22 am »
The Octave up or down buttons will blink when they are in use. Is there any way to stop the blinking? Driving me "nuts." Is there a way to deactivate the lights? Maybe all the lights on the unit? I just need the buttons with solid lights, or no lights at all.

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
Re: Is there a way to stop the blinking lights on MiniLab?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 10:59:11 am »
Hi Sweetsman,

Sorry for this inconvenience. Unfortunately there is no way to stop the blinking lights when using the octave shift option.

best,

Matthieu

Sweetsman

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 10:26:09 pm »
Does Arturia sell a keyboard unit that does not have blinking lights?

Also, is it possible to fix with a firmware upgrade? Or, an upgrade to the "Midi Control Center"? This would be great if the blinking/lights were an option in the "Midi Control Center." Is there are possibility that this could happen?

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 12:27:16 am »
The blinking lights change in speed to tell you how many octave you've shifted.
I'm sorry, but this request is .......... just silly. Chill out.  ::)
This space left intentionally blank.

Ikthog

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 03:45:49 am »
I realize this is pretty much a dead forum in addition to being an old topic, but I figured I'd chime in as this is still a current product.

The blinking octave lights are a terrible design decision. Lights blinking/pulsing based on tempo, LFO speed, etc. are a logical design decision, as they tell you something meaningful. A button blinking constantly to indicate a static state is a pretty basic UI design failure. They could have indicated octave in many ways, such as LED brightness, color (I have a Korg MIDI controller from 2005 that does this), or even a momentary blink – or no indication at all, given that playing a note will tell you what octave you're in. I'm simply baffled that their solution was an always-blinking LED button telling me "Yep, I'm still in this octave! I just wanted to get your attention to let you know nothing has changed!"

It's a shame, as it's a nice little controller, and quite compact. I had planned to return it, but unfortunately I haven't seen another controller as small as the MiniLab with the overall build quality/aesthetics this has. I did find a solution to the problem, however (not sure if this link will work): http://www.pixelfuse.com/stuff/minilab_fix.jpeg

I can't imagine anyone from Arturia reads this forum, but seriously guys, fix this.

krshdv

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 11:27:37 am »
There is another discussion about this but I agree, the blinking octave lights are a terrible design decision and very annoying. Just bought the MiniLab MKII. It was the first thing I noticed about it right after I turned it on and have been looking for solutions since. Shame, as it ruins the experience with what seems otherwise like a good design. It requires a software fix badly.

I find the reply to the other customer that this request is "just silly" and the advise to "chill out" rather irritating.

Canefire

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 07:09:51 pm »
I just plugged in my new Keystep and the blinking lights are totally a distraction. The only reason I bought this was for a small input device in front of the center monitor. This is a great solution to turning to one of the 88 key controllers in the studio, but now that the flashes and simply far too bright "stop" button are glaring at me, I will need to send it back to Sweetwater and try again. Design fail, customer service reply...thumbs down. I would fire anyone working for me that dizzed a customer like that.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines