March 29, 2024, 09:51:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark VST plugin disappeared from Live9 plugin list  (Read 2242 times)

loboloco

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Spark VST plugin disappeared from Live9 plugin list
« on: June 12, 2017, 04:19:41 pm »
Hi everybody,
Did this happen to anyone else? Running Spark without any problems for 3,4 years (Spark and then Spark2), on Live 9. Lately - it disappeared. The dll file is still in the same VST folder , nothing was changed. Uninstalled and reinstalled both Ableton Live and Spark - nothing. The strange thing is - when running a plugin rescan on Live, I can clearly see it being recognized in the low left corner where plugins names appear in sequence as they're being scanned, but after scan is finished- still nothing. Running a search for Spark with the Live browser search - no Spark. Ableton didn't find a solution yet, Arturia support - what can I say - I was asked to re-install the program although I have clearly stated in my ticket that I did...
Any suggestions?
Thanks

ben arturia

• Administrator
Re: Spark VST plugin disappeared from Live9 plugin list
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 04:37:30 pm »
Hi loboloco,

Do you have Live 32 or 64 bits ?
Do you scan the right folder VST32 if Live is Live 32 or 64 if you run the 64 version of Live ?
.......testing.......

loboloco

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 05:31:17 pm »
Hi Ben
I run the latest (9.7.2) 32 bit version of Live with the latest version of Spark ("latest" being relative, of course, as Arturia seems to forsake the Spark2 project, leaving users who invested a lot of money on SparkLE and Spark to their own devices....sad).
I actually managed to run Spark on Live again by moving all my VSTs including Spark to another folder. It worked for a few days and now while trying to tun Spark again I got a message from Live saying that Spark is not compatible with Live. Immediately after that spark disappeared again from the plug-in list and won't appear again , even after re-installing. Can you please help?

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 09:24:25 am »
Did you try to rescan the VST folder in Live ?
.......testing.......

loboloco

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 02:21:21 pm »
Of course. The thing is - Spark dll is in the regular plugin folder , I'm re-scanning for plugins holding "alt" key , which makes Live to re-scan all plugins and not only new ones. AL plugins appear alphabetically in the left lower corner of Live and are replaced by the next ones as Live continues to scan. Spark appears clearly among them, as it is recognized by Live but since the "Spark plugin is not compatible with Live" message appeared - even as it is recognized while scanning, Live won't display Spark on the plugin list.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines