April 19, 2024, 10:27:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How Do I Use NRPN, or Do I Even Need To?  (Read 1943 times)

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
How Do I Use NRPN, or Do I Even Need To?
« on: June 12, 2017, 08:13:46 am »
For the life of me, I can't figure out how to use NRPN messages.
All of the V Collection 4 synths allow NRPN connections. There's a checkbox right there for it.
So I set up bank #8 on my MiniLab to send NRPN messages. The top row to send coarse, and the bottom row to send fine.
However, whenever I try to assign ANY of the knobs, it affects every single knob that I assign. To explain, say, in the Jupiter 8, I assign the coarse NRPN knob to the coarse tuning, then try to assign the fine NRPN knob (directly below it) to the fine tuning, BOTH knobs end up controlling BOTH parameters, seeming with absolutely zero change in the amount I need to turn the knob to make changes to the setting. If I then try to assign another knob to, say, filter cutoff or resonance, then again, ALL the assigned knobs control every single parameter that has already been assigned. That is to say, there doesn't seem to be any sort of individual knob assignments.
Am I using this wrong? I'm looking to use NRPN because it allows more than 128 "steps" for whatever control I assign them to. In some synths, the stepping is irritatingly obvious, so I'd much prefer to have the over 16 thousand "steps" available via NRPN messages.
PLEASE HELP!! This has frustrated me to no end, and I just can't figure it out or find any online resources to help me understand. And the manual is pretty useless in this regard except to say that it's possible.
This space left intentionally blank.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines