April 19, 2024, 10:49:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ADAT question  (Read 15866 times)

zilch42

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
ADAT question
« on: June 10, 2017, 10:11:49 am »
Hi,

I've never used ADAT before and wondering if the Audiofuse will mean I can use some of my old gear again. I've got an M-Audio profire 2626 which hasn't worked with OSX for a while since they stopped supporting the firmware, but it will run standalone, and it had ADAT. Should I be able to connect it to the AudioFuse via ADAT to make use of the 8 preamps and extra outs that it has? Is that what ADAT is for?

Thanks

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: ADAT question
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 01:07:33 pm »
Im not sure that possible to turn your sound card into a slave adat i tried on a steinberg mr816. you can have AF as master but the inputs from  my MR816 do not route into AF.
I do have an AF pre production model that had an adat fault which is resolved in the production model. I'm trying to get one of these.

regards

Terrym

TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

zilch42

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: ADAT question
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 05:51:33 am »
Thanks for the reply. I've found someone else who managed to run the Profire as a slave into a UAD Apollo Quad, so if the AudioFuse can act as the master too then it looks like it should be possible. Fingers crossed.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines