April 19, 2024, 07:51:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Unable to get anything to work. Beyond irritated with Arturia.  (Read 1501 times)

Karabekian

I've spent far too long on this forum trying to resolve the issues.  Beyond irritated that I've spent money on Arturia products that don't even have adequate customer service.

Key points:

- I'm not using a hub - the USB to MIDI is direct into the computer.
- I have two USB to MIDI connectors.  A previous issue with a Korg Volca was solved by buying a high end USB to MIDI cable.
- I'm using Window's 10.
- Running an Alesis USB Multimix 2.0
- The ports it's connecting to are USB 2.0.  (A friend suggested USB 3.0, but I don't have any of those).

When I enter the MIDI control centre, it doesn't recognise my device.  It won't allow me to ugrade the firmware, and it won't allow me to do anything.

Consequently, I'm unable to use the machine as a MIDI to CV convertor via Ableton.

I've read through a range of issues posted here that seem similar, but following those steps hasn't resolved the problem.

Any guidance from Arturia on how to proceed would be a benefit.

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
Re: Unable to get anything to work. Beyond irritated with Arturia.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 02:20:21 pm »
Hi Karabekian,
Is the device recognized in the device manager (I guess you have Windows)?
If yes, be sure to close every other softwares using MIDI. Windows MIDI class compliant drivers are not multi client able.

This means if you have Ableton Live running, the MCC will never recognize the BSP.

Best,
Y.

pedrop0000

• Apprentice
Re: Unable to get anything to work. Beyond irritated with Arturia.
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 04:43:16 pm »
I have the same problem because i use windows.

Sorry but it is inadmissible for a company like arturia to have no solution to this problem or to dont have a multi client midi soluction embeded in MCC for windows.

Thx,

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines