March 28, 2024, 07:54:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V Collection 3 not there?  (Read 6876 times)

ClydeLyman

Re: V Collection 3 not there?
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2017, 11:23:17 pm »
Using the ASC may be more difficult than it seems, my eyesight is quite poor and black text on a what background is subject to a lot of glare and other things that make it almost impossible to read, so i run a configuration of FireFox that yields white text on a black background. This configuration ignores background images and the CAPTCHA is presented as a BG image so it will be invisible in the configuration of FireFox that I use. This will require some workaround that I may have to figure out that will probably require multiple trials and aborts

If Spark is a no-go, what do they do for drums? as I'd like to use the pads on the Keylab 61 for drums and percussion

ClydeLyman

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2017, 11:47:03 pm »
The GUI is not even readable to me. non-heading print is too tiny and too poor contrast

LBH

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2017, 05:24:29 pm »
Arturia still sell Spark as a product of it's own - not a part of V-Collection. But you shall not exspect further developement of Spark.
https://www.arturia.com/products
https://www.arturia.com/products/drums/spark2/overview

Arturia have the hardware drummachine Drumbrute now: https://www.arturia.com/products/drumbrute/overview

There are other drum software out there.

Your KeyLab can be used for more than Arturias software products. I guess you can assign your pads to many things. Please refere to your Keylab manual about this.

I can't do anything about the software. Perhaps you can get Arturia to male a remote support controlling your computer if you can and will give them access, or you can get someone you know to help you read in ASC. I agree Arturia could do much better in making GUI's clearer etc.. But i for example don't find e-Licenser better.
Good luck with it all.

ClydeLyman

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2017, 01:11:22 am »
If someone at Arturia knows how to use Teamviewer or Go To Assist they could come in and do it Now I'm stuck half in and half out

ClydeLyman

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2017, 04:23:27 am »
it would be bizarre If I am the only one with this problem so there must be a way to get help, it would be equally bizarre for a first-rate company not have have a way to deal with the prblems of the severely visually impaired, which, if left unattended, provents a number of persons from participating in that company's offereings

LBH

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2017, 04:57:01 am »
As i suggested - If you don't have someone that can help you, then if you can, you can try and contact Arturia support in confident thru your account. I can't tell if Arturia can help you.

I don't know if you can use a screen reader in Arturias applications.

ClydeLyman

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2017, 03:13:53 pm »
Thanks again

Before I go, something I meant to ask, you mention using "a dongle" with Spark I haven't the foggiest notion of what youar are talking about. what is it, what would I do with it and how would  I do it?

LBH

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2017, 03:32:21 pm »
You can read about eLicensing on the web - for example here:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/accessories/usb_elicenser.html
https://www.steinberg.net/en/company/technologies/elicenser.html

Please refer to my posts too. The dongle will be most reliable to use i believe.

ClydeLyman

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2017, 03:57:56 pm »
that's Steinberg, this is Arturia, what's the connection? I said I don't know thing 1 about this

LBH

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2017, 04:55:23 pm »
eLicenser is a technology developed by Steinberg. But eLicenser is and has been used by many other vendors including Arturia. V-Collection 3 used Steinbergs eLicenser to authorize/ activate their products.

As i have written then you shall have the the eLicenser code for your Arturia products on your Arturia account. Else try and contact Arturia support.

The links i provided exsplain the question you asked. A dongle is a USB hardware used to store eLicenser licenses for products from all vendors that use this technology to activate ther software.

As i wrote - There is also a eLicenser app, that don't use a dongle, as i have written about. I think the dongle is most reliable to use.

ClydeLyman

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2017, 12:35:39 pm »
This thread is starting to migrate, but that is all right. How would it do as an alternative to iLock? I understand that iLick is a first calss bitch to use

I am pretty sure I have the eLiscenser app on my desktop

LBH

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2017, 05:19:14 pm »
I'm not explaining how the different technologies work. I'm not a technician. I guess iLok and eLicenser is doing the same thing.
I personally prefere other systems like Arturia Service Center and other similar systems. For me it's a selling point that a app don't need eLicenser or iLok. If a product use eLicenser or iLok i may not buy it, unless i really wan't that product.

The point in this thread and for you and your Spark WDM is you need to use eLicenser to use it as it unfortunately never was updated to Arturia Service Center authorization.
If you have Spark or Spark 2 you can use Arturia Service Center.

If you have eLicenser app on your computer and you don't mind uisng that, then you can authorize your spark WDM using that app, if you have the needed product codes and have eLicenser activated.

ClydeLyman

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2017, 09:19:29 am »
To get back to the original problem with ASC

I have V collect 3 and Vox, aboard the Surface Pro. So I ran ASC, got in and hit the "Activation" Button and that shows being 'pressed" but when I went to the instruments, the grey dialog box comes up and give wme the choices and when I pricess Activate, it watns the code

Now I moved on to settings and this is wat it looks like

Tere are two problems.

1. not enough contrast in some areas. The white text on mint green buttons is unreadable
2. Contrast andd size of the regular text. it looks like about 10 pt and is too light against the white background for me to see

There is also no apparent way to adapt it for Accessibility so I am unable to use it

I contacted Aruturia some two weeks ago and they said they "had no magical solution"

I wanted to update and activate V3 before moving up to V5, is there away around this? and will I have the same problems?

LBH

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2017, 03:20:36 pm »
I'm sorry you have the difficulties you are having. I agree the contrasts is poor, and a bad graphical design choice for usability. I have nothing more i can add to my previous posts.
I can only tell that ASC is the activation possibility Arturia have and use - also for V-Collection 5.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 03:24:25 pm by LBH »

ClydeLyman

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2017, 10:00:14 am »
Here's the thing. On my Surface Pro 4, when I hit the activation botton, it didn't work. When I call up an instrument, the pre-activation dialog box still displace

Can I get the V Collection five at the 3 owners discount without having to activate and update 3, and hold onto it while I try to figure out a way to use the ASC to activate 5? on two computers? They seem to know that I've got 3 already

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines