April 25, 2024, 10:36:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [Solved]BSP not recognized in MMC with macOS Sierra. OSX Lion works fine.  (Read 3216 times)

bs-1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Yes, I have read all the topics on BSP not syncing in the Midi Control Center and I have tried the fix removing the BSP from the mac midi center (https://www.arturia.com/faq/installation/firmware-reset-and-detection-of-a-midi-device).
Sadly, no go.

BSP in MacBook Pro (late 2014) running macOS Sierra 10.12.2 with MMC 1.6.2.85 -> not recognized, firmware error.
BSP in Macbook (2008) running OSX Lion 10.7.5 with MMC 1.6.2.85 -> recognized and fully functional

BSP has firmware 1.4.0.20. BSP was connected directly to the computer, so no USB HUBs involved.

Are there more BSP users out there with the same problems with macOS Sierra?
Hints, tips? Or could this be a bug in MMC?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 04:58:58 pm by ben arturia »

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: BSP not recognized in MMC with macOS Sierra. OSX Lion works fine.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 01:58:11 pm »
Hi go into your utilities folder and open audio midi set up .There delete the beastep pro drivers there are 2 . then reconnect the bsp and switch on you should see the driver load .They sometime are not called beat step pro . restart the comp and bsp  open mcc it should see it.

TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

bs-1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: BSP not recognized in MMC with macOS Sierra. OSX Lion works fine.
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 10:23:52 am »
I saw there was also a Generic USB midi device installed. After removing that, the BSP was correctly installed and recognized on my macOS machine.

Thanks for the reply btw :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines