March 29, 2024, 01:55:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V collection 4 / Lost Patches within my DAW with new OS install  (Read 1626 times)

soundclash

Looking for info regarding where my V Collection patch information might be stored within my DAW.

I reformatted my MacBook with a clean install of Sierra. I do have a timemachine back up but have chosen not to us it, trying to keep my computer leaner.

MOTU's Digital Performer is my primary DAW. Performer always saves my setting in my Arturia synths and reloads correctly so I've never saved the patches but I should have considered this before my OS update.
Haven't checked in my Ableton projects yet.

I reinstalled Performer and Arturia, Performer is not seeing the old Arturia virtual instruments. Virtual instruments tracks are still in the sequence with the name of the Arturia virtual instrument. But I'm having to load duplicate new synths. When I make duplicate tracks of the Arturia synth to match what I had before, Arturia doesn't find the patches. I realize this is because it's a new install of Arturia.

I'm assuming this information regarding my patch choice is stored somewhere. Is there a way for me to go in to the library or wherever they are stored and place them in the appropriate new folder? It would save me a lot of time and work.

Any thoughts / help appreciated!

Jonny Sender
latest mix with a few questions
​roof.fm :: jonny sender dj mix

vinyl/digital out on Codek Records​ at Junodownload
listen :: Inflagranti presents Jonny Sender EP

twitter​​::​instagram​ @soundclash

LBH

Re: V collection 4 / Lost Patches within my DAW with new OS install
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 10:26:35 pm »
Are your applications installed on the same paths as before?

I would believe your sound changes have been saved with your DAW projects somehow.  But i don't know how your DAWs do this.
However the projects need to read the correct plug-ins i guess. If that require you the plug-ins is installed on the same path as before, or you can change that path i don't know, but if i was you i would try to find out before you save the projects again with new paths and settings.
You can try your DAWs forums and supports.

Your DAW don't save anything in your Arturia applications. So if you hav'nt saved the sounds as Arturia presets, then you can't find the sounds in the Arturia applications.
I'm on windows. I can't remember the MAC path where Arturia applications store presets. I suggest you make a search for this. (On Windows they are stored in the hidden folder ProgramData.)
Also remember you can eksport presets.

You can have lost data you hav'nt backed-up.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 11:01:56 pm by LBH »

soundclash

Re: V collection 4 / Lost Patches within my DAW with new OS install
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 12:58:11 am »
Hi LBH,

Thanks for your help.
I'm working on it.

Jonny

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines