March 28, 2024, 08:07:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Jupiter-8 v3 crashes all the time  (Read 3414 times)

Hambloksem

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Jupiter-8 v3 crashes all the time
« on: May 26, 2017, 07:36:42 pm »
The vst crashes inside Fruit Loops 12 and as standalone program. In both situations it crashes. I just bought an i7 cpu with 16gb ram and gtx1050 gpu computer so my computer should have no problem handling this program. Can anyone help fix this problem??? I tried reinstalling but nothing worked....

LBH

Re: Jupiter-8 v3 crashes all the time
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 09:37:34 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.`

What JUP-8 version are you using?
What's your OS?
What version FL12 do you use?
How have you re-installed? Full procedure you used.

Have you other Arturia V-collection applications you can use without issues?

If not - May i ask what happens if you use your Intel graphics instead of your seperate graphic card?

I don't know if i can help. But i think this informations could help Arturia or anyone else if they don't know the issue, so they may be able to reproduce the issue and help.

Hambloksem

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 07:07:18 pm »
I'm now talking to an Arturia customer employee but he is telling me to reisntall which I  already did and it didn't work. Even installing it the way he recommended me didn't work quote:

"Can you please try to reinstall the Jupiter and the Minifilter-V following these steps ?
To realise a clean uninstall of your software, please follow this procedure :
- Go to:
C:\ProgramData\Arturia
> Delete the concerned product folder
--
- Then go to this folder:
32-bits: C:\Program Files\Arturia\<concerned product>
64-bits: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arturia\<concerned product>
> Click on the uninstaller
--
You can reinstall the concerned plugins directly from the Arturia Software Center.
Then try directly to open the Jupiter-V standalone, and if the crash persists, try to open it by right-clicking on it and choosing "run as administrator"."

THIS did not work

To answer your questions
- I'm using the latest windows 10
- I use Fruity Loops 12
- I'm using the latest jupiter 8 v3.1.0.205
- It just happens when I start it up. All my other vsts work fine except the fabfilter effects which also seem to crash my fruity loops the same way jupiter and Minifilter V do.
I also have some other Vsts installed from Arturia like the Prophet V2 but they use the Elicenser from Steinberg and don't crash. I aslo tried to uninstall the arturia software center but didn't help either..
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 07:10:05 pm by Hambloksem »

LBH

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 10:01:40 pm »
Did you turn your computer off after uninstalled excactly like Arturia described? If not the i suggest you;
1. Uninstall like described by Arturia and be sure you are in both the hidden folder ProgramData and in ProgramFiles folders.
2. Turn your computer off (Be sure the computer close fully and don't hibernate. )
3. Start your computer
4. Install Arturias applications again

And what happend if you used intel graphics?

If the above don't help, then you can try and look at this Microsoft tool. I'm not sure it can help: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

Hambloksem

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 11:15:19 pm »
So I uninstalled everything like you(and support) said. I also uninstalled the arturia software center and then restarted my computer. I Installed everything back and it worked! So I just wanted to say thanks for your advice I hope everything stays ok now though I don't know why my fabfilters are still crashing my fruity loops but that is a whole other issue and has nothing to do with arturia. Thanks anyway!

Your advice helped me more then the customer support did. I Replied to the customer support and they copy pasted their previous comment -.-
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 11:19:31 pm by Hambloksem »

LBH

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 05:39:45 pm »
Thanks for reporting back.
I'm glad it work now.

There can be many reasons why something don't work.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines