March 28, 2024, 06:22:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab 2 not backward compatible in ableton after 5.3 update  (Read 3149 times)

Atoji

After installing version 5.3, when i try to load projects I've been working on in ableton, I get an error message saying "Analog Lab 2: This VST Plug-in is not compatible with Live". To be clear, I can open analog lab in ableton; however, after updating to v5.3, I cannot open analog lab 2 in projects that were created prior to installing v5.3. [What's causing this error? Please help! I've attached a screenshot of the error message in ableton.

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Re: Analog Lab 2 not backward compatible in ableton after 5.3 update
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 02:35:26 pm »
Hi Atoji, and welcome on this board.
Sorry you're encountering this issue.
I tried to reproduce it , by opening and old live set containing clip made with a previous version of analog lab 2, after updating Analog lab 2 to current version 2.1.1.25.
unfortunately, i had no issue.
So in order for us to investigate deeper, could you please tell us :
What is your OS?
What is your current version of Live? What was the version of Live when you first created this live set?
Is it a full or lite license or Live?
and finally (maybe difficult to answer) what was the version of analog LAB 2 when you first created this live set?

*EDIT* did you try a rescan of your plugins , using Live preferences panel?

best,
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 02:48:17 pm by Germain.arturia »

Atoji

Re: Analog Lab 2 not backward compatible in ableton after 5.3 update
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 06:57:15 pm »
I fixed the issue. It seems like it was being caused by the name of the installation path being slightly different from the name i used in the previous installation. The new folder path was "...ableton\VST Plugins\Arturia V collection 5\" vs ""...ableton\VST Plugins\V collection 5\" in the previous installation. Once I changed the renamed the directory to "V collection 5" and rescanned, everything worked. Thanks.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines