April 26, 2024, 12:26:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Beatstep Pro as Control Surface in Ableton Live  (Read 4881 times)

evilmadness

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Beatstep Pro as Control Surface in Ableton Live
« on: May 25, 2017, 11:18:04 pm »
Hi there!

I've a question about the integration of Beatstep Pro with Ableton Live in order to improve the Workflow.

I've an APC40 and Novation Impulse which are supported as Control Surface, so I can control the Macros of a Instrument Rack if I target the instrument or If I block the control surface to that instrument. Using this method, I've not to mapping, so It's a brutal improve to my workflow.

The problem is that I can't do it with my BeatStep Pro. Mackie Control Classic does not appear as control surface, so I can use it only for pan and volume control, totally useless.

I've seen that Control Surfaces are determined by the Midi Remote Scripts, a python script which communicate the control surface with ableton in order to be recognized.
Recently, I've seen that Beatstep is included as controls surface in Ableton Live, or at least, is listed and you can download the Midi Remote Script from this repository.

https://github.com/gluon/AbletonLive9_RemoteScripts

I don't know if this is a fan made or if it's supported natively in Ableton Live 9.6.
Other User remote Script I found is this, which include the .beatstep for MCC.
http://www47.zippyshare.com/d/30434625/31208/BeatStep-Ableton%20User%20Remote%20Script.zip

I've tried to use it with my beatstep pro. No success. Only for Beatstep.
Is there anyway or any of you have a Remote Script compatible for Beatstep Pro?
I really would love to use my operators and VST presets without mapping. Nowadays, It's neccessary and it would be provided by the vendor (IMHO).

Thank you so much, really aprecciated.

evilmadness

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Beatstep Pro as Control Surface in Ableton Live
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 11:02:46 am »
Hi there!

I've a question about the integration of Beatstep Pro with Ableton Live in order to improve the Workflow.

I've an APC40 and Novation Impulse which are supported as Control Surface, so I can control the Macros of a Instrument Rack if I target the instrument or If I block the control surface to that instrument. Using this method, I've not to mapping, so It's a brutal improve to my workflow.

The problem is that I can't do it with my BeatStep Pro. Mackie Control Classic does not appear as control surface, so I can use it only for pan and volume control, totally useless.

I've seen that Control Surfaces are determined by the Midi Remote Scripts, a python script which communicate the control surface with ableton in order to be recognized.
Recently, I've seen that Beatstep is included as controls surface in Ableton Live, or at least, is listed and you can download the Midi Remote Script from this repository.

https://github.com/gluon/AbletonLive9_RemoteScripts

I don't know if this is a fan made or if it's supported natively in Ableton Live 9.6.
Other User remote Script I found is this, which include the .beatstep for MCC.
http://www47.zippyshare.com/d/30434625/31208/BeatStep-Ableton%20User%20Remote%20Script.zip

I've tried to use it with my beatstep pro. No success. Only for Beatstep.
Is there anyway or any of you have a Remote Script compatible for Beatstep Pro?
I really would love to use my operators and VST presets without mapping. Nowadays, It's neccessary and it would be provided by the vendor (IMHO).

Thank you so much, really aprecciated.

I wrote to Arturia and they told me they haven't create any remote script for BSPRO yet. I suggested them to comunicate how much is needed a remote script provided by the vendor to the responsible team of this platform. I know that other users are trying to write it, but they need some information that Arturia doesn't provide because of their privative policies.

I don't think that it would take more than some hours to develop a remote script compatible, considering that BS remote script is now available. Just some modifications maybe.

Please, users need this feature. BSPRO could be a better tool and doesn't reach it because of it poor support. Why not to improve one of your best products?

Regards

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines