April 19, 2024, 05:56:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Touchscreen not working with menu selections.  (Read 4124 times)

jimbeam

Touchscreen not working with menu selections.
« on: May 25, 2017, 10:25:06 am »
Hello, I am using a touchscreen to control the standalone and vst instruments. The touch monitor is Asus VT207. With Collection V all knobs work but the menus do not work. For example, I open CS-80 v3 (both vst and standalone) and I'm trying to touch (click) on "ALL TYPES" at the top of the window. The menu opens most of the times and when it opens I cannot select any available value with touch. However, all knobs (instrument parameters, faders, switches) work properly and it's wonderful. It's frustrating when I need to select a preset or change the type of reverb etc.

My guess is that it has to do with all the "mouse-over" (hover) menus. The touchscreen cannot send a "hover" signal but the plugins are expecting it for some menus.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Jim

ben arturia

• Administrator
Re: Touchscreen not working with menu selections.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 09:11:13 am »
Hi jimbeam,

This is a known issue. We will try to work on that point.
If you have any Arturia controller remember that you can use them to browse preset easily.
Best
.......testing.......

jimbeam

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 09:54:53 am »
Hello,

Thanks for replying!

Touchscreens have come a long way and are very accurate nowadays. For many people having all controls at their proper positions (and styling) is much more inspiring than having a subset of generic but tactile controls on a controller device. And you guys have built really beautiful UIs.

Regards,

Jim

vapro

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 09:07:41 pm »
same here.. :(

blyewidmar

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 03:45:11 pm »
Assuming your using windows 10, you should try the virtual touchpad. How to get it installed can be found in the link below. It's not nearly as motion sensitive as a real touchpad is and it occasionally gets in the way of screens, but it comes in really handy when space is tight and you don't have a mouse or touchpad handy.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enable-new-virtual-touchpad-experience-windows-10-creators-update

Hope this helps!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines