March 28, 2024, 11:44:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [IMPLEMENTED] Need a "Clear" or "Delete" button  (Read 3129 times)

jonathanhaidle

[IMPLEMENTED] Need a "Clear" or "Delete" button
« on: May 25, 2017, 09:44:17 am »
For when you want to clear all the steps out of a certain pad/note.  Currently, it appears that the only way to do so, is to clear the whole patter.  But let's say you laid down a great kick/snare pattern - for 2 measures (64 notes) - and now you're playing in the hihat pattern.......and you put in a bunch of hihat notes.  But then you don't like what you just played for the hithats, and want to re-record just that part.  But now, you have to go through and manually delete all the steps - which is a pain in the ass, and completely unreasonable to do in a live setting.  Made worse the longer your pattern is. 

« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 04:29:48 pm by I grec »

tkabd

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Need a "Clear" or "Delete" button
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 02:57:32 am »
Totally agree. It could be a very useful feature.

turbo_kev

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 07:20:53 pm »
I think you will get your wish in the new firmwear

SHIFT + Step 2 = Clear steps in selected track
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

tkabd

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 04:48:50 am »
According to all those bits of info concerning this feature it will erase all the drum parts at once((

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 07:19:22 am »
According to all those bits of info concerning this feature it will erase all the drum parts at once((

Not quite sure actually how it will work:

Ok guys one more:
SHIFT + Step 2 = Clear steps in selected track

;)
And that is in the Drum sequencers I'm guessing?  If so, WOOHOO!!!!!  Life is good!
For all 3 sequencers. ;D
All sequencer attribute are kept, only the steps are erased.

But from that I sorta am leaning towards all tracks in the drum sequencer will be deleted, not just the track which the pad selected is attached to....

It is a wait-and-see process, but I'm not holding my breath and think this request should stand, thought the subject needs change as it's asking a question that is answered with "shift+step1" if taken at face value.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines