April 18, 2024, 11:10:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Has There Been An Update To V Collection 4 and MiniLab (original)?  (Read 1515 times)

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Hey
I launched Arturia Software Center today to check for software updates, as I usually do every couple months or so as MIDI Control Center gets one now and then.
Well, ASC itself updated automatically, and when it logged in and everything, it indicated that there's an update to V Collection 4. I don't have 5 at this point, and this, if true, is HIGHLY unexpected.
Also, the MiniLab update. It says 2 products to update. But I'm not sure what would exactly update there.
Of course, there's also the expected MCC update. Which I already installed.

I'm nervous about installing these V Collection 4 and MiniLab updates though, suspecting that MCC is somehow actually confused. This is partly because when I clicked to update V Collection, it asked me to specify the VST 32 and VST 64 folders, and appears to have forgotten them altogether because both fields were now blank. Even after pointing ASC to the correct folders and restarting it, it's STILL telling me that they have updates.
I can't find any info online about what those updates might be., so I'm very suspicious of this. If it's true, that's awesome.
I don't want to screw up my current install. Obviously. They are currently working, as in, not asking me to activate them again (which has happened in the past)

Thanks
This space left intentionally blank.

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Re: Has There Been An Update To V Collection 4 and MiniLab (original)?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 10:05:52 am »
Hi Artao, i already answered to your same topic on kvr forum, so let's put the same answer here ( to gain some time :) ) :

As you are a VC4 owner, you previously had a free update of analog lab 2. After this update, Analog lab 2 was "inside" your VC4 bundle. Now that the update has been released , added to the new ASC, it explains why you see and update for the VC4 : if you click on VC4 section, you'll get a slide showing details of your bundle. There you should see that only analog lab 2 has an update.

As you are a minilab user, same story here, you managed to get a free update to analog lab 2 in the past.

Anyway if you want to get the real details about updates in ASC, since new version 1.4.0.108 you simply have to click in the "zone" for which you want to get details, such as release notes and so on.

hope it helps,
best,
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 01:38:40 pm by ben arturia »

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Re: Has There Been An Update To V Collection 4 and MiniLab (original)?
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 12:41:20 pm »
Thank you
I always post in both forums because I'm never sure which one will get seen and replied to first. Hope you don't mind. :D
This space left intentionally blank.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines