March 19, 2024, 03:59:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Issues with ISEM in GarageBand on an iPad pro  (Read 3273 times)

Stevescott2000

Issues with ISEM in GarageBand on an iPad pro
« on: May 19, 2017, 09:03:46 pm »
Is anyone having issues with opening GarageBand projects which contain a ISEM track?

I have an iPad Pro iOS 10.3.2

I'm using ISEM as an audio unit on two separate tracks.

When I try to re-open the project it fails to open.
If I delete the ISEM app the I can open the project so it seems the ISEM is the issue

I made a second project with an ISEM track and that also failed to open.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated
Thanks
Steve

syrupcore

Re: Issues with ISEM in GarageBand on an iPad pro
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 03:48:34 am »
I've occasionally had similar start up issues with iSem as AU. Not in GB but in midiSteps and modStep. I've never had project totally fail to open though—usually they crash on start up but then the next time, it opens ok. Some of this might be down to GB implementation. Some is probably due to iSem being a very early iOS AU instrument adopter*—it's possible some of the APIs have changed.

The tricky thing with support and Arturia's iOS apps is that they've hired external iOS developers to port them from the desktop. Rolf of nLog music did iSem and iSpark. Retronyms did iMini and iProhpet. If you're still having this problem, I'd try posting on the Audiobus forum. Seems to be the most active pool of iOS music knowledge out there. Not sure if he provides direct support but you might also try contacting NLog/Rolf via email or twitter.

* Rolf's apps have always been ahead of the curve on iOS music technology. I don't know this for sure but I have a feeling that he decided to create the AU version of iSem because he was personally interested in seeing what was up with the technology. Not because Arturia asked him to. As such, there might not be contract dollars in place to fix any issues related to it. That's 10000% speculation.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines