April 27, 2024, 01:42:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Envelope 3  (Read 2232 times)

DLopez

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Envelope 3
« on: April 22, 2017, 05:42:19 am »
It appears that envelope 3 doesn't reset its value on a key trigger unless the is at least a small amount of delay added to the envelope.
(The envelope will just continue from wherever it is from the previous A/D/S/R cycle.)

I'm not complaining. It's a nice feature. And it may be standard DADSR envelope behavior for all I know. (first one of these I've seen)

But it would be nice to see a blurb about in the manual.

VAU

Re: Envelope 3
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 04:47:11 pm »
Maybe it is the same thing as with that you cannot modulate the AUDIO MOD knobs unless they are NOT exactly zero.
(see my feature request for further details, incl LFO SLEW & LFO SYMMETRY ;) )

yeskeys

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 11:04:52 pm »
Maybe it is the same thing as with that you cannot modulate the AUDIO MOD knobs unless they are NOT exactly zero.
(see my feature request for further details, incl LFO SLEW & LFO SYMMETRY ;) )

Ahhhh...I was noticing this and was wondering if it was a bug.  Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this...

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 11:57:37 pm »

It's not really possible to do that in a "clean" manner. Crossing the zero point actually entails rerouting analogue control signals, meaning that the audio knobs with a center detent aren't single continuous functions, but rather two discrete and mutually exclusive functions sharing a knob. I.e. if it was a modular you'd have to change a patch cord. You can hear the effect of this when you manually cross zero - there will be a small discontinuity/jump in the sound as the signal paths are changed.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines