March 28, 2024, 02:31:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [Solved]Sloooooow download....  (Read 8565 times)

vaikl

[Solved]Sloooooow download....
« on: May 18, 2017, 08:26:35 pm »
Oh, c'mon Arturia, 50Kb max download speed for V5.3 here in Germany with Deutsche Telekom???? This is ridiculous...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 02:55:49 pm by ben arturia »

FredB

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Sloooooow download....
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 09:30:04 pm »
Yes, same problem here. I have fiber optic 1Gb/s. And it is frozen now.

ouzoman

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 11:58:31 pm »
Same issue . . . it took all morning just to get the ARP2600!  So many more to go  :-[

vaikl

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 12:57:03 am »
"The new design simplifies updating and installing" - yeah, it simplifies it for *you* and your service provider bill, dear Arturians, but the user has got no real value with "the new design".

If i start some single updates on my list of V5 products, there's no simultaneous download. If i stop/pause the actual, single download, there's no automatic start of another backgrounded, paused download of the other products. That's baby birthday (as we say in germany;-), but no professional "service".

ouzoman

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 02:10:30 am »
Vaikl, is the download speed any better if you initiate a single upgrade?

vaikl

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 02:22:48 am »
No, definitely not. The single upgrade is "glancing" with "waiting for another download".

CC4

• Beta-testers
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 03:10:53 am »
I'm having quite a slow download experience as well.

mrlucmorin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 03:18:16 am »
Just wanted to add a "me too" from Canada.

My service is capable of 120MB/s, so looking at those updates crawl like turtles is painful.

Arturia, time to give your ISP a ring!

NotASpeckOfCereal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 04:01:55 am »
Hi all,

My update is slow as molasses as well.

However, I just did my first install on Monday when I bought the collection and it was a lot faster then. Then a day or two later, the 5.3 update came out. So it's likely a case of everyone hitting up the servers all at the same time, regardless of how fast your service is locally.

It still sucks, and they should perhaps set up some (more) mirrors for future updates if their customer base is getting larger than expected, but it's understandable.

Eh?

MY OTHER ISSUE: the install kept erroring out with file-in-use errors (nothing Arturia was opened) and the like and I could not even properly Abort after several tries (and this was after also closing everything non-Arturia). The only recourse was me to reboot and try again, which worked (and is not just really slow).

Speck

mrlucmorin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 05:10:29 am »
Hi Speck,

Yeah, of course everybody hitting on their server at the same time for the update is slowing things down, and as you mention, it doesn't matter what pipe size we have on our side.

I think people mention it (at least that was my reason) to let Arturia know that the problem is really on their side.

If they want to promote a general update such as this one, the least they could do is setup adequate service with storage providers having leaf servers in many regions, thus avoiding the hit on their own servers.

Lots of such services available out there, Amazon S3 for example, so really, there's no reason for Arturia to "dump" the problem on their customers. They could have easily set things up for temporary distributed storage, at least for the 1st week of the update.

My 2 cents.

NotASpeckOfCereal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2017, 05:13:15 am »
True dat.

Tausendberg

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2017, 05:29:29 am »
Seems to be speeding up now,

I don't know, I wouldn't consider this problem a big deal, it strikes me as very transient.

Empire of Scraps

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2017, 06:47:01 am »
Download started at 12 noon today and has been running non stop. It's now 12:30am and the only downloads that have finished are Analog Lab and ARP2600. Two instruments. Are you kidding me? It's slow as hell every time they issue an update, I've no idea why / how they haven't fixed this yet. But this time it is on a whole other level slow. I get that every V Collection user is probably downloading their updates on release day. But unless the entire population of this planet are all V Collection users, then somethings needs to be done on Arturia's server end.

vaikl

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2017, 10:16:38 am »
Support wrote me: "..could be a temporary break down on the ASC server due to the traffic overload today". Now i get around 300 Kb/s, but this is still not 2017, not professional if we should use ASC for V-Collection updates!!! >:( :(

There should be a minimum of 4 to 6 parallel download streams for each user, we don't have hours or even days to wait for this garbage to finish!!

Rufus The Dog

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2017, 11:12:38 am »
Mine is not only slow I keep getting 'Error' when downloading Jup-8 V3. I have to keep restarting ASC and down load a little bit more... this is taking way too long - WTF have Arturia done - I much preferred downloading individual V5 plugins running several in parallel

R.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines