April 26, 2024, 09:13:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How does the step shifting of active instrument work?  (Read 1420 times)

roboldham

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
How does the step shifting of active instrument work?
« on: May 15, 2017, 10:49:45 pm »
Hi folks

Has someone got any insight into how the "Shift all the active step of the current instrument" works? (quote from the manual)

As I understand it, it is used by holding down Shift + turning the Swing knob, in Step mode - and I expected to be able to shift the active sequencer steps to the left or right by the amount of steps that the Swing knob indicated, whilst playing live - allowing some groovy variations on sequences.

(There is also a note on the website FAQs that says it accessed by pressing "step + swing knob" but this just changes the Swing)

The Shift + Swing does seem to change something - that doesn't seem to be swing or step sequence shifting but I cant hear or figure out what it is....

Am I barking up the wrong tree here???

Thanks for any help!

roboldham

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: How does the step shifting of active instrument work?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 10:59:18 pm »
Duh, ok RTFM :)

For anyone else misunderstanding, it appears this function is for shifting events forward or backward +/- 50% of the set step interval to make unquantised sounding patterns - not shifting whole steps

Yay to this, but boo to not being able to shift whole sequences whole steps somehow :)

groovelastig

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 12:47:27 pm »
Shifting all notes in an instrument track one step to the left / right seems like a really cool and intersting functionality :) - would you care to write up a feature request?

(I put in some requests before 1.2.0.0 and two or three made their way into the firmware, sooo yay for feature requests  ;D It seems to work somtimes.)

roboldham

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 04:18:29 pm »
ooh, great idea.... will do :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines