March 28, 2024, 02:31:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to set up BSP with Ableton Drum Rack?  (Read 5729 times)

gumbo23

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
How to set up BSP with Ableton Drum Rack?
« on: May 11, 2017, 08:33:26 pm »
Are there any good walkthroughs on how to get drum rack set up with BSP? Video would be ideal. I had a quick look and couldn't find anything.

Thanks

gumbo23

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: How to set up BSP with Ableton Drum Rack?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 08:25:11 pm »
No? Nothing?

gumbo23

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 11:25:55 pm »
Still nothing?

Moderators? Anyone?

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 04:18:13 am »
I don't use computers for music.  I have in the past but hated it.  That said I did an Internet search and found a simple step-by-step (https://ask.audio/articles/layering-drum-sounds-with-drum-racks-in-ableton-live) which showed me that in Drum Racks the user assigns an instrument in the Drum rack to a MIDI note once the rack is placed on a MIDI track (which will have a MIDI channel assigned to it).
So with this knowledge I can suggest that you create your rack in Ableton Live.  Now using MCC, program a user drum map to match the MIDI notes you assigned your drums to in Live and set your drum sequencer to the same channel as the rack in Live.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

gumbo23

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 04:41:46 pm »
It seems there are no guides to setting this up, so I'll make an appeal to Arturia to do a video walkthrough on this. I can't give any more time trying to figure it out, so please help those of us in this situation. Many thanks

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 09:49:18 am »
It's more Ableton's job, as they are the ones who's software you are trying to work.  The BSP just needs to be plugged into the computer via USB and the drum sequencer assigned the same MIDI channel as Drum Racks is on.  If you want to run the BSP as the master clock, set the sync slider to Internal.  If you want Live to be the master clock, set it to USB (and do a search here for instructions on that side of things).
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines