April 25, 2024, 07:06:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Launch "play" with external synth  (Read 1659 times)

Alexis83

Launch "play" with external synth
« on: May 11, 2017, 11:42:57 am »
Hi everyone,

First time poster here, although this forum has already been really insightful for me since I bought the Beatstep Pro recently... And sorry if my English isn't perfect  ;)

So, I have a specific question about how to use my the BP with my external synth (DSI MophoX4) and thought maybe someone could help here...

My configuration:

A midi signal goes from the synth to the BSP for sequence transposition. Everything is routed to Maschine with the BSP as the midi input and Maschine as the midi output. Everything is working properly.

But Ideally I'd like to trigger the BSP with my synth. I'm not sure if "trigger" is the right word (sorry for my English) but what I mean is: the sequence could be launched when I press on the keyboard of my synth... (and not only by using the "play" button on the BSP or Maschine)

Is there any way to achieve this?

Thanks a lot for your help!!

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Launch "play" with external synth
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 03:50:44 pm »
Hi i have a mopho and they do not send out start stop messages as far as i know so it cannot start the bsp sequencer.

Regards

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Alexis83

Re: Launch "play" with external synth
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 06:36:05 pm »
Too bad  :( But thank you Terrym!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines